PANASONIC BD35 FREEZING, RESTARTING WITH BLU RAY AND CD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi
has anybody else experienced problems with the panasonic bd35? Yesterday whilst trying to watch national treasure, first of all with dolby true hd the sound kept dropping out and the surround speakers kept making a clicking sound. I changed the setup and watched in dolby 5.1 but 5mins in the player restarts and again 30mins in, and again when viewing some bonus features.

And today its restarted when playing a cd....

Please could anybody else advise if they have experienced these problems or am i unlucky in that i have a fault unit?

cheers

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It does sound like a fault, we have had a hassle free run with this unit so far. Problems with a cd lend me to believe it is faulty. I take it the unit is level and not set up where it can overheat?

Nick

A

Anonymous

it is sat underneath a sky box, but the unit does it even during the first 10 or 15 mins of being on. it even did it after 10mins of being on when i first got it!

i guess i need to return it - its a shame cos im pleased with the sound and picture of it

do you have any problems with dolby true hd sound?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
No we have not had any issues with any of the HD Sound formats. It sounds like it needs to go back. I would get another one though, they are great machines and reliable, it is just unfortunate you have a faulty one.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice I have a new one on its way tomorrow

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Sat underneath a sky box?

Like the Sky box is resting on the top of the player?

Could it be a vibration issue?

If this is a sky+ or sky+HD the internal discs do rattle them?

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice yeah it is sky hd and is on top of the blu ray box, and it does same problem even if sky box is off. I have also tried it without sky box and no difference

Thanks for the advice but looks like i unluckily got a faulty player :-( new one came today but i was out, hopefully should be here tomorrow

cheers

A

Anonymous

New player arrived wednesday and i have since listened to several cd's and watched several blu rays and no problems what so ever :)
The new player is alot faster than the faulty unit and responds to commands promply. My replacement BD35 is now living up to its 5 star WHF review :) and Im very pleased with it
thanks for the advice guys

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts