Panasonic 65 VT 30 vs 65 VT 50???

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have finally decided to take the plunge into 3D and retire my 50 inch Kuro to another room.

I have an opportunity to purchase a new 65VT30 over here in Saudi for the equivalent of £2300.

Is the new 65VT50 worth an extra £1700 plus shipping costs? I appreciate this is a very open sort of question but if anyone out there (fellow enthusiasts of professionals) has a helpful opinion or experience I would be grateful to hear it.

Many thanks.

Camdxr

Has the 65VT50 even come in the market yet? I doubt if anyone has tested the TV properly to comment. On paper, there are significant improvements over the VT30. If I were in the market to replace my Kuro, I would wait to see the VT50.

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks BigBoss,

Ahh, I was sort of hoping that maybe some professionals may have had a sneak peek. Tbh, i think that is the way I will end up going, it will just mean patience, not my best virtue!

Anyone any ideas when we will get to read some meaningful reviews?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
As you can read from this Panasonic blog, we were told April (and I got the impression that meant later rather than early April) for the larger-screened VT50 models, so it may be a while before full reviews are out.

Blog also goes through the key differences between VT30 and VT50 models, which we were shown side-by-side for comparison (though, of course, one never knows exactly how these are set up...).

I'd agree with BB: if I were in the market for such a large set, i'd wait to see what the new models bring. Not just the VT50 range, either, but the temptingly priced 65in ST50...

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Thank you Claire, very useful.

Would I be correct in assuming that if I was only interested in the 2D & 3D picture quality and not in the plethora of internet based gadgets then the ST50 would be the way forward?

The internet out here leaves a lot to be desired thus rendering any form of internet based AV irrelevant.

Thanks,

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If current model ranges are any indication, the VT and GT ranges will offer the best all-out quality, but the ST models aren't a millions miles behind - and with the ST50 being based on the same new-gen panel as the GT50 and VT50, it's looking good on paper.

But it's worth noting that the VT and GT series are packing a lot more processing power alongside their internet/calibration frills. Their superior filters mean they'll be less reflective than the ST models, as well as offering better contrast.

As ever, only a side-by-side comparison is going to tell how the tech specs translate into real-world performance

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
It's now two months since you started this thread, so you may have bought a big new TV in the meantime? For me, 2D picture performance is everything. I don't really get on with 3D, and by using a SVGA splitter and good old-fashioned 20-metre SVGA cables from my computer to all three of my TVs, I can go from the computer to the TVs, so I, personally - others will feel differently - don't need my TV to be internet capable, though that now seeem unavoidable. I mean, do folk really want to access Facebook on a 50" plus TV??

You may want to check the discussion topic "2012 Panasonic TV reviews", to which I also contributed. I'm quite keen to see what this magazine makes of the Panasonic ST50 series, soon please!

I hope you won't need therapy when you move your Kuro to another room! I went through the same process in March when I got my 64" Samsung and demoted the 50" Pioneer to the kitchen, and the 42" Pioneer from the kitchen to the bedroom ......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts