Panasonic 50vt30

weavesno1

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've just blown my budget and picked up a Panasonic 50vt30 from sevenoaks sound and vision. I got all the star wars films, avatar 3d, two pairs of glasses, 5 year guarantee and the wifi dongle for £1699. Just about to get in the car go home and rig the beauty up. Can't wait for Liverpool v Man City on sky 3d tomorrow. Any body got this tv. The guy was raving about it, but I guess that's his job

A

Anonymous

It's fantastic, unless you get the green tinge/blob fault.

weavesno1

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi jimmy how likely am I to experience this green fault. A lot if people on avforums are saying it affects the 50" model quite a lot

A

Anonymous

I got my second replacement yesterday and it's got the same problem. That can't just be bad luck, I'm convinced they all have the problem now.

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I was in a branch of Sevenoaks S & V last week and they had a whole wall of Samsung and Panasonics on display, the Panasonics stood out like a sore thumb with their distinct green tinge! When I pointed this out to the manager and all the discussions on this subject in this and other forums he looked at my increduously saying to me you 'only ever hear of problems on those forums' and was very dismissive, it really beggars beleif that they are selling these sets. I was going to purchase the 50" myself but decided to go with a Samsung 46" 5520 - very close in the quality of images it displays compared to the Panasonic (although of course no 3D, and the Panasonic has the edge when no green blobs) Will consider my options in the summer when the VT40 or whatever else comes out. Hope Panasonic get their act together or I (and many more) customers will turn elswhere.

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
jimmya200 said:
I got my second replacement yesterday and it's got the same problem. That can't just be bad luck, I'm convinced they all have the problem now.

The TV may well be from the same batch as your previous one. Try a different batch.

The thing is we shouldn't have to try different batches! If the product Panasonic are selling are defective in the numbers they are they should withdraw them from sale until they sort the problem out and offer full refunds to those affected

A

Anonymous

The first two had serial numbers starting with 13. I demanded the latest serial number this time which is 16. So I believe I should have avoided a dodgy batch. It's clear to me that the problem is bigger than just a batch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts