Panasonic 50VT20 or Philips 46PFL9705...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok guys tough decision here [:D]

For starters: Not so interested in 3D but great quality is a must for me.
I've been following the VT20 for a while and I've seenit in action a few times and love the general (HD) 2D quality but I've never woned a Plasma. I've had many Philips TV's and I personnaly love the look and feel of their products.

My wife and child obviously use the TV as well and I find myslef coming home form work on many occasions with a DVd or Blu-ray on "PAUSE" because she had to got to the store or whatever and it's been like that for hours. You can here me coming from a mile away: I'm really scrared for the (in)burning on the plasma TV what will ruin the TV. I'm told that the new plasma's don't have that problem any more but is this the truth? Really condidering buying the Philips only for that reason, what good is a great plamsa-tv when it's "damaged" after a week :) I like ambilight but it's not a necessity...

Thanks for your experiences, advice...

Falconian

A

Anonymous

screenburn is not an issue with modern plasmas , image retention can sometimes occur , but the latest panasonics are very resistent to this , and its not really something you would see unless you left a bright static image on the screen for a long time , then switched to a blank screen , you may see a little shadow of whatever bright image was there before , as soon as you put an image on the screen , its gone , its not a problem imo and is rare on the panas ...

if you dont want 3d , then why buy the vt20 ? reviews suggest that the much cheaper 50v20 is virtually as good with 2d , id be looking at one of them .. there are no reviews around for the 9705 yet , its a bit early , but the latest lg 8900 sets and the rather expensive sony hx903 are getting the best reviews of the current rear led lcds , the sony being 3d ready ..

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the input, so I'm guessing you'd definately go for the 50V20
emotion-2.gif

I'd use the TV also for gaming (PS3) but I've read it's really fast and there are almost no fosfor trails...
Can you also agree on this issue?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

yes the faster reacting phosfur cells in the vt20 all but eliminate phosfur trails according to reviews , and help to make motion even better , i dont think there are any other differences though aside from 3d , im not sure ..

perhaps 3d gaming would be nice though seeing as your a gamer ? ive seen the vt20 for as low as £2100 online , i think the 50v20 is £1600 , is £500 extra worth it for 3d gaming , better motion ?? only you can decide , also some people never see phosfur trails , ive never noticed them on my g10 , i guess demoing is the only way to be sure ..

edit , not sure about phosfur trails with the v20 , but you will have no problem with motion while gaming , no lag , all plasmas are more than fast enough for that ..

TRENDING THREADS