Panasonic 50GT50 supply issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to buy a Pana 50GT50 and being told various things by various shops.

Richer Sounds saying its discontinued

Various other saying, can't get them yet, maybe September! ? Quite a few trying to get me to upgrade to the VT model

I really would like to get one to buy, but seems an odd state of affairs. Anyone offer any comments?

Cheers

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
That’s the same issue I’m having. I went into Richersounds the other day and was advised that the screens showing discontinued although he did acknowledge that it’s unlikely as it’s only just come out. Another retailer advised that they were having issues sourcing this model from Panasonic because they under estimated the demand for the TV. Guess it’s a waiting game!

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I noticed in a 'large high street' retailer this morning that the GT50 wasn't displayed in the POS for Panasonic

Seems there is a big push towards Panasonic's LED sets..

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Keep checking with your local retailers, my local retailer got some stock in recently and I managed to get a 50GT50 over the weekend with the 5yr warranty and of course you get the 2 free pairs of glasses from Panny direct.

A

Anonymous

I ordered mine mid July from HiSpek, they said it was due in early August but it only came in last Friday. The Olymic sponsorship by Panasonic may have driven global demand.

D

Deleted member 2457

John Lewis have stock, you are going to have to quick though - 8 left.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Spoken in detail about this issue to my local Panasonic dealer....

They are NOT bein dis-continued...basically Panasonic cant keep up with demand and expect it to be in short supply until xmas

D

Deleted member 2457

John Lewis have dropped their price to £1300 - still over 10 in stock.

D

Deleted member 2457

Now £1200 at John Lewis - that's striking a good deal!

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
That's a great deal gel...nice spot! :clap:

Cheers mate. It is cheaper than I got mine for, and I would still say I got a bargain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts