Panasonic 42PZ70... or 42PZ700?.. is there a difference in pic quality??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok.. I've read through a lot of the posts and was deciding between the 'full HD' PZ series pana's the HD ready pioneers and the full hd bravias. Basically decided on the full HD Panasonic as from what i've seen and from what people are saying it seems the perfect combo of pic quality and value... BUT.. the wise ones at what hifi point towards the 42PZ70 as a cracking buy and there's no real mention of the 42PZ700. Is the 70 a superior screen (in terms of pic quality) to the 700?. The only reason I ask is that the 700 has better sound specs and HDMI connectivity (3 as opposed to 2 hdmi's) and if the pic quality is equal, I would go for the more expensive 42PZ700, whereas if the42PZ70 has better picture quality, then I would sacrifice the sound and conectivity for a better image. Thanks

A

Anonymous

It's simply a matter that the the 700 has a great sound system.

However I think it would be far more preferable to use a home cinema sound system which may sound better depending on what you buy and is far more upgradable e.g. just replace it and sell the old one. You can't easily sell the sound system within the tv when you get fed up with it :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks... I am buying an AV receiver and speaker set. Going to go for the onkyo 605 but not sure which speakers (that'll be my next posting subject). For the screen it is just a question of image quality. So are you saying that the PZ70 and PZ700 are identical in all other ways aside from the sound system and connectivity? The PZ70, curiously, has better contrast figures quoted, but i'm unsure whether this is just the same figure between a set of new goal posts such is our infatuation with stats... the larger contrast number being more pleasing to the eye.

Like I said.. I am buying an additional speaker set so I just want the screen with the better picture.

Thanks

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

The PZ70 is wider if space may be an issue?

If you can, get to a Panasonic dealership and view both - only you can decide which you prefer. Both are excellent sets.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Straight from panasonic hq said the 700 was simply a better sound system and system was identical in all other aspects

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies... I'm now hearing that there are 24fps issues between the 2 sets... who knows... would be nice to be able to get a standardised spec sheet for both so a true comparison can be made. As for viewing the sets side by side.... I'm having trouble finding a store near me that has both sets let alone side by side for me to see...

there seem to be a whole lotta PX's and not many PZ's

A

Anonymous

I`ve also been looking to buy one of these two sets.quite tempted with the 700,its just the contrast difference that worries me.does anyone think this is a problem.i don`t see how these two sets can have the same picture if one has a contrast ratio of 5000 against 10,000

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
The 42PZ70 definitely accepts a 24fps feed and converts it internally to 60hz. It does a pretty good job at eliminating judder although you might still see some if you look very closely on slow panning shots. Apparently the PZ700 does not accept 24fps so if you're looking to watch Blu Ray or HD-DVD at 1080p24 this may be a key factor.

Also, in my opinion, either of these tvs deserves a decent sound system. I'd buy the PZ70 and spend the money that you save on a decent amp/speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts