Panasonic 37LZD85 24P Film Mode Issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I've got myself a Panasonic 37LZD85 LCD and I'm mostly pleased with it apart from it's 24fps support. I'm playing Blu-Ray movies from my PS3, through HDMI.

My problem is with the PS3 set to 24Hz output for Blu-Rays and then the Panny set to have 24p Film mode on, motion in the film is beautifully smooth but there's some awful, distracting artifacting on faster moving scenes. I've seen this on pretty much most Blu-Ray's I've tried and this on my screen and on the screen I tried in the shop. Fine, I thought, I'll just turn it off, but no, that makes the motion seem jerky on certain scenes and there can some terrible flickering on detailed scenes (Like the space station pans early on in Space 2001).

With the PS3 set to 24Hz mode off, it's just jerky motion and the 24p Film mode can do nothing about it.

I've not seen any mention of this issue in any reviews, so has anyone else noticed this issue?

I think I'm going to try and send this screen back as I upgraded from my 32LXD70 mainly to make Blu-Ray movies smoother, going for a screen with 24fps support.

A

Anonymous

Out of interest was the artifacting I've seen on this screen with 24p Film mode on noticed when the screens were reviewed at What HiFi?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts