pa vs hifi (sort of)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know the wharfedale xarus 5000's are not truly hifi speakers, but at £150 a pair, what advantages would an equivalently priced true pa speaker have? 3 8inch woofers have the equivalent surface area larger than a 12 inch woofer and the smaller mid would surely sound much better?

Am I missing something here? With both tagged onto a £100-150 pa amp would the xarus super-seed pa audio?

T

the record spot

One thing that'll gain you more friends on this site than you'll lose R-123, is not posting, what effectively mounts to the same thing in multiple threads all over the place. You've got a problem with an amp that's clipping because you're pushing it too hard. I think that's probably the crux of it. Someone's already suggested you get a pro-audio amp that'll give you enough power to drive your Valdus speakers, you're now after rear speakers with a treble unit that won't get ruined. Apart from the goalposts shifting slightly, why don't you have one thread with a concise listing of your requirements. That'll work much better.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

im done with my questions now, im getting a pa amp and having set everything up yesterday and using a friends pair of speakers as the rears it gave a more cohesive sound which is why im looking into getting a pair. There is no "crux" of it, im just always looking for a way to improve the sound and if it makes a big difference for £30 then ill pay it.

as for this question, its something i have wondered about for years, it has nothing to do with me wanting to buy xarus speakers. wharfedale's own pa speakers at this price level seem to be inferior. you cant even buy a pair of 8inch titan passives for the price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts