PA System vs Hifi 600 watt for £250!

Midisurf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for a wireless mic and saw this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJ-EQUIPMENT-KIT-DISCO-PARTY-PA-SYSTEM-KARAOKE-SET-NEW-/221070893777#vi-content

My friend is looking for a wireless microphone system and found that on ebay, it's to be used in the living room is it a good deal? Would it be better going for £150 hi-fi speakes or actives and getting a wired mic? Is there any wireless mics without amp?

Also what's with the 600watt they look like big loud speakers that sound crap, am i right?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
No one seems to want to answer ...

You are probably right, that doesn't look to good but it may be all your friend needs. Not everybody needs hifi.

regards

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit mystified where the 600 watts come in?

The amps are only about 60 watts (continuous into an 8 ohm load).

The speakers can only handle 200 watts continuous.

Still, 60 watts into those speakers would give you about 112dbs at 1 metre distance. That's loud.

It'd be interesting to compare this ultra-budget PA gear to £150 to £260 worth of domestic hi-fi equipment.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
From the advert - The power specifications for this amplifier have been taken directly from the instruction manual which have been provided directly from our manufacturers. If you find a contradicting specification printed on the box, please know that this is not correct. We have confirmed this with our manufacturers.

Also from the advert - Please be aware that the product can be different from that photographed here. The cable is not necessarily supplied on a spool as pictured here. Apart from arriving with or without a spool, all details described above are correct.

It is not looking too good...

A lot of kit for the price and free delivery, it is either the deal of a lifetime or a pile of poo. You pays your money you takes your chance with this stinker of an advert.

Midisurf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It says 800watt in the advert and 200W RMS – 400W max power. Aren't PA systems for outdoors and clubs etc? I heard a decent PA system costs much more than hi-fi, looking at 200k and a low budget PA sucks compared to a low budget hi-fi?

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Amongst budget new kit that might be true, or it might not - depending on exactly what professional gear we're comparing to what domestic gear.

Something to be aware of is that the depreciation on professional audio equipment can be higher than that from hi-fi equipment.

A £200k PA system would be something to fill a stadium or something used by the Empire Leicester Square.

Over the last 5 years I've bought various bits of high-end 2nd hand profesional audio equipment. In every case I've been delighted with the sound quality on offer and especially delighted when considering the prices I've paid for them. If you could extend your budget to £1000 to £1500 you could put together a world class sounding ex-professional hi-fi system. Doing it on a budget of £260 might be possible, but it would be a greater challenge in terms of unearthing some ultra-bargains.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts