P mount cartridges

pegleg1945

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Technics SL-QD33 automatic turntable mainly because the seller lives near me and it's cheap.

It looks in pretty good condition and hasn't been bashed about too much.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that it has a 'p' mount cartridge as against the normal 1/2 inch mount which I've always had.

So are these cartridges OK,and has anyone any experience of this automatic turntable.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
pegleg1945 said:
So are these cartridges OK,

They're not necessarily any worse, but it never really took off in a big way so your choices are limited if you want to change cartridge. I'm not sure if any are still being made. There are however plenty of compatible replacement styili for your existing cartridge.

MajorFubar said:
pegleg1945 said:
So are these cartridges OK,

They're not necessarily any worse, but it never really took off in a big way so your choices are limited if you want to change cartridge. I'm not sure if any are still being made. There are however plenty of compatible replacement styili for your existing cartridge.

+1

The P-mount or T4P cartridge is still being manufactured, notably by Audio Technica in the AT-300 series. I believe others make them also.

They are available from Amazon, but as Majorfubar said, choice is somewhat limited.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts