Ovation Turntable - Silver or Black?

giraffeburgerz

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
About to pull the trigger on the Clearaudio Ovation Turntable. :)

Having a hard time choosing between ..

Silver/Wood with Clear Platter:
clearaudio_ovation_silver.jpg

Silver/Wood with Black Platter
product-clearaudio_ovation-518x518.jpg

Black/Wood with Black Platter
1012clear.promo_.jpg

What do you all think?

I'd have to say the middle one because its the same combo as my deck. However the bottom one looks very smart, and the top isn't doing anything for me.

Welcome to the forum by the way. I am sure you'll be very happy whichever you choose.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Very nice, crikey I've just seen the price - that's a lot of money, have you considered any other options ?

Have you demoed the deck ? However I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks, what is the rest of your equipment.

welcome to the forum btw - contributions on this section of the forum are few & far between, it's the only reason I come here.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
giraffeburgerz said:
What do you all think?

If I were choosing, it would depend on the colours of the rest of my hi-fi set-up, the furniture my hi-fi is placed on and the decor in the room I'm placing it in. My hi-fi is in a lovely light room with off-white walls and wooden beams, so I went for silver (Rega, not Clearaudio) as I didn't want anything which would suck light out of the room. It works wonderfully in my room, so I'd got for the top option - but in some rooms, one of the others would probably work better.

Hope you're happy with whatever you choose.

stevebrock said:
Very nice, crikey I've just seen the price - that's a lot of money, have you considered any other options ?

Have you demoed the deck ? However I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks, what is the rest of your equipment.

welcome to the forum btw - contributions on this section of the forum are few & far between, it's the only reason I come here.

'Tis a tad more expensive than the Clearaudio Concept isn't it? :)

To be honest he could buy a Woodpecker like mine, stick a SME V 12" on it and still save a thousand or so...... But who am I to disuade someone? It's a very good turntable by all accounts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts