Ouch - this hurts!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
I'm surprised you didn't see this coming. You know very well that as new models come in, older models, especially Panasonic tumble in price quite drastically. That's exactly what happened to ZT60 and other models as well!

Hope you discuss things on the forum in the future before buying.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Its the same one only a lot cheaper!

But I thought you got a really good deal on it: you didn't pay more than £5K for your 4K, did you? *shok*

Mind you, I'm sure it has further to fall before it's done: it seems to be the way of the world in the TV market these days.

However hard the TV companies try to justify high prices with premium features, to downward price pressure is unstoppable, and I'm sure we'll see other retailers not just matching but beating this price in the near future.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I'm surprised you didn't see this coming. You know very well that as new models come in, older models, especially Panasonic tumble in price quite drastically. That's exactly what happened to ZT60 and other models as well!

Will do buddy. It was just a one off treat, can't afford to do it again. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

But I thought you got a really good deal on it: you didn't pay more than £5K for your 4K, did you? *shok*

Mind you, I'm sure it has further to fall before it's done: it seems to be the way of the world in the TV market these days.

However hard the TV companies try to justify high prices with premium features, to downward price pressure is unstoppable, and I'm sure we'll see other retailers not just matching but beating this price in the near future.
i paid £5500.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:

I did see it coming but perhaps not so quick, but I reckon it will sellout quickly.

gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:

i paid £5500.  
Correction: £5500 + your LG OLED TV. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:

i paid £5500.
Yep! *biggrin*

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:

i paid £5500.
Yep! *biggrin*
It doesn't say what warranty you get with it? Does it? Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

It says standard manufacturers warranty - what's that?

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
The price you pay for being an early adopter. Or a fashion victim.
Yep, it's my first time though. Suppose I am going to get stung on the Panasonic 4K blu-Ray player too. At least I got £50 off.

D

Deleted member 2457

You could get someone to price match though and then get your 5 year warranty that way.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Another retailer who offers a five-year guarantee will not price-match to a product with only a one-year guarantee. I happened to be asking something similar in John Lewis only yesterday.

And just to make you feel better, gel, the Sony 75W855C is still available at the price I paid for mine at Richer Sounds with a six-year guarantee, six weeks after my purchase. Nor have I seen it cheaper elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Another retailer who offers a five-year guarantee will not price-match to a product with only a one-year guarantee. I happened to be asking something similar in John Lewis only yesterday.

And just to make you feel better, gel, the Sony 75W855C is still available at the price I paid for mine at Richer Sounds with a six-year guarantee, six weeks after my purchase. Nor have I seen it cheaper elsewhere.
i am pretty sure they will - no? Thanks for cheering me up too. I would not pay £5000 for a one year warranty though, so I still got the best deal.