Optoma projector screens

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for a projector screen that's good quality but not crazy expensive. It'll probably be a motorised roll-down screen. The room will be completely dark for movies. The Optoma screens seem to be available here in Ireland, and seem to be reasonably good value. I'd be looking at something like the DE-9092EGA.

Does anyone have any experience with these screens? Are they good quality, or would I be better maybe saving some more money?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The last Optoma screen we had in wasn't a good experience. The screen itself produced a 'sparkly' effect, which was noticeable particularly on sunny blue skies, and on the colour white. Admittedly, is was one of their grey screens, so the matt white ones, I would assume, don't produce the same effect. We changed to a matt white screen, which wasn't sparkly, and all problems were solved, and the screen looked much better too - without the sparkling bittiness everything looked solid and edges were sharper.

A

Anonymous

I think I would just go for a matte white screen. Aside from the picture issues with the grey screen, did you find the quality of the materials and the build to be good?

Also, are the roll-down screens prone to warping? Would a tensioned screen be better?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts