Optical or HDMI for sound from Sony BDP s370

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just wondering if anybody has noticed any difference or whether in fact there is any difference in connections where sound is conserned between optical and hdmi, just somebody suggested optical over hdmi for music in particular.

many thanks

A

Anonymous

Stick with HDMI if you want HD audio whilst playing blu ray discs, optical can't handle the bandwidth.

A

Anonymous

I agree with the above that you should stick with HDMI for better sound quality.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
As a matter of interest my Sony BD760 is set up as the following.

Whilst watching Blu Rays sound is send to amp via HDMI cable QED HDMI-P

Listening to CD's sound is send to amp via coaxil QED Signiture.,

Conclusion, I find when listening to Cd's the sound to my my taste is marginally better, more clarity & punch.

Be keen to find out if others find similar results by doing this...........

A

Anonymous

I use a QED reference hdmi lead for blu ray playback to get the hi res sound formats.

For multi channel sacd playback again its the QED hdmi lead but for standard cd's I use a good quality stereo lead as I prefer the sound the lead gives over the hdmi one through my system.

Cheers

nads

stu31:I use a QED reference hdmi lead for blu ray playback to get the hi res sound formats.

For multi channel sacd playback again its the QED hdmi lead but for standard cd's I use a good quality stereo lead as I prefer the sound the lead gives over the hdmi one through my system.

Cheers

so different DAC in a different box rather that cables maybe more of the reason?

A

Anonymous

nads:
stu31:I use a QED reference hdmi lead for blu ray playback to get the hi res sound formats.

Cheers

so different DAC in a different box rather that cables maybe more of the reason?

Fair comment, think its abit of both in all honesty nads.

I first used a cheapy audio lead I had lying about and it sounded pants, with this other one however it sound different more to my liking its not an expensive lead by any stretch only a tenner i think.

Haven't tried an optical lead as I ain't got a spare optical port on my amp.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your replies

so its safe to say hdmi for movies

optical for stereo or mp3

????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts