Oppo Blu Ray Transport £360

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
Native_bon said:
gel said:
If thats only a transport how does it play movies?.. Would a video converter not be needed?.. Not really should how this one works.
A blu ray transport does not decode audio. It will send the codec uncompressed to the AV receiver to decode audio. Most of us bitstream audio to the AV receiver anyway.

Denon has released blu ray transport players in the past, and I think so did Marantz.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:
If thats only a transport how does it play movies?.. Would a video converter not be needed?.. Not really should how this one works.
A blu ray transport does not decode audio. It will send the codec uncompressed to the AV receiver to decode audio. Most of us bitstream audio to the AV receiver anyway.

Denon has released blu ray transport players in the past, and I think so did Marantz.
I was actually referring to video conversion not sound.

Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

Not sure what you mean by "video conversion". It will process video.

According to product page:

The OPPO BDT-101CI is a reliable and versatile Blu-ray transport designed for Custom Integration. With a robust feature set distilled from the award-winning BDP-103/105 series and advanced video processing technology, the BDT-101CI offers excellent audio and video performance and is simple for custom integrators to install and support.

While OPPO Blu-ray players have been widely used by custom integrators, the rich array of features such as Internet streaming apps and extra audio/video inputs are often reasons for frequent support calls from customers who are not very tech-savvy. Many installers have asked for a model that has the audio video performance and disc compatibility of the BDP-103/105 series, but without the extra features that are either
duplicated by other components in a custom integration project, or not required by their customers. The BDT-101CI is the answer for such demands of the CI community.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

The OPPO BDT-101CI is a reliable and versatile Blu-ray transport designed for Custom Integration. With a robust feature set distilled from the award-winning BDP-103/105 series and advanced video processing technology, the BDT-101CI offers excellent audio and video performance and is simple for custom integrators to install and support.

While OPPO Blu-ray players have been widely used by custom integrators, the rich array of features such as Internet streaming apps and extra audio/video inputs are often reasons for frequent support calls from customers who are not very tech-savvy. Many installers have asked for a model that has the audio video performance and disc compatibility of the BDP-103/105 series, but without the extra features that are either duplicated by other components in a custom integration project, or not required by their customers. The BDT-101CI is the answer for such demands of the CI community.
Sounds quite good if my Pioneer bdp-lx71 breaks I will probably buy it. I am done with 4K.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

While OPPO Blu-ray players have been widely used by custom integrators, the rich array of features such as Internet streaming apps and extra audio/video inputs are often reasons for frequent support calls from customers who are not very tech-savvy. Many installers have asked for a model that has the audio video performance and disc compatibility of the BDP-103/105 series, but without the extra features that are either duplicated by other components in a custom integration project, or not required by their customers. The BDT-101CI is the answer for such demands of the CI community.
So Oppo are saying all 3 Oppo Blu Ray players have the same picture quality.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
They've always maintained that 103 and 105 have the same picture quality.
Yes they do have the same picture quality, its only the Audio parts that are different. Yes Oppo is a good all rounder, or should I say it was. Its a very good transport but the dac on the Oppo is not that special anymore. Curently using my Oppo as transport for a new Chord 2Qute which am trying in my system. The Chord is a revelation as per what a dac can do.

So not sure if the more expensive Oppo(105) is really worth it as per sound quality. Some may settle for the all in one more expensive Opp player. Will depend if your serious about music. If I was buying new, I would go for the cheaper version(103) & get the Chord dac to do conversion for music.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

Sounds quite good if my Pioneer bdp-lx71 breaks I will probably buy it. I am done with 4K.

is that why you briefly had your E6 up for sale on AV Forums and eBay over the weekend?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

For some reason I missed your reply BB. Yes I have read about the BDT-101CI now. Sounds like a good cheaper substitute. If I was buying new properly would have picked one up.

gel said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

Sounds quite good if my Pioneer bdp-lx71 breaks I will probably buy it.  I am done with 4K.  
Why?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

Why?
*ROFL* *ROFL*

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

is that why you briefly had your E6 up for sale on AV Forums and eBay over the weekend?
Yep, but have decided to keep it for 1080p, and Sky.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

Why?
4K is no better than Blu Ray, I never watched a 4K Blu Ray much so sold all my 4K Blu Rays and 4K Blu Ray player, the Oppo interests me but I probably won't buy it.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

For some reason I missed your reply BB. Yes I have read about the BDT-101CI now. Sounds like a good cheaper substitute. If I was buying new properly would have picked one up.
Me too.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:
gel said:

Why?
4K is no better than Blu Ray, I never watched a 4K Blu Ray much so sold all my 4K Blu Rays and 4K Blu Ray player, the Oppo interests me but I probably won't buy it.

really Gel? I can understand if not enough content and not using it much but I can definitely see a clear difference between 4K and upscaled content.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
If the audio would be passed to an AVR then what does full fat oppo offer over the custom install. I've got other sources for Netflix etc so don't need that bloat on a spinner. Just hoping it has 3D but aside from that are there other custom install versions around that might be worth a look?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts