OPPO 105 connections to Denon AVR4308a

Sirguy969

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Morning All,

I will imminently be replacing my Denon 2500BT with the OPPO105. I notice that my amp has the prerequisite terminals for making use of the excellent DAC in the OPPO. Do I need "special" cables for this or will the bog standard red & white RCA leads do? Is there any benefit from getting better cables?

Following excellent advice from the guys over on the computery type thingy forum I am now the proud owner of an Apple TV3, which is most excellent! Should I wire this through the OPPO too?

Many thanks.

Cam.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have five pairs of qed analogues from my oppo into my avr/intergrated.

I would say that the apple tv would connect to the port at the back for using the 105 as a dac,you need a usb A(male)+B(male)cable.

Sirguy969

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks GSB. Do you notice a dsitinct improvement in the QED leads compared to the std red &white cables? How much were they?

Thanks

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Iv'e never done a comparason.They came with the oppo,they are from the qed performance range,so nothing mega expensive.

abacus

Red & White are purely for identification nothing more. (They do not indicate a standard of cable)

Unless you are using long runs, then so long as the cables are of decent quality (Not flimsy or cheap plugs) then there will be no difference in the sound, so don’t waste money on expensive cables.

Hope this helps

Bill

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep,after initial email i phoned the store and he agreed to make the 5 hour round trip worth my while :grin:

I would recommend hifix to anyone :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts