Opinions: Rega RP40 or Marantz TT15s1?

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok guys, here is the situation, my first real stereo is well on its way to completion.

Last week I got the Audiolab 8200CD player, this week I'll be receiving my Roksan Kandy K2 Integrated and Power amp combination, the final piece will be my upgraded turntable.

I have been offered a great price on the Rega Anniversary edition RP40, however I can buy the Marantz TT15s1 for even less through one of my suppliers at work. Realistically, the Marantz (made by Clearaudio) is a more expensive unit, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it and if I'm better off going down that path.

Any feedback is appreciated.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Highly unlikely anyone on here , that includes me , has any experience with the Marantz , although we will see on that score.

However if twas me I would go for the Marantz especially if you can get a good price . A couple went on the bay a week or so back for over 800 quid used. Anyways the world and his brother has a Rega ,either in use or in storage.

Also the Rega is just a tarted up RP3 at the end of the day.

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
Can I ask the great price on the RP40 and is this offer just available to you?

(only asking as I made the decision this weekend to try and buy one!)

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Fatman,

not sure what good my price will be since it was from a dealer in Australia. I know the owner of the business, so he'dhook me up with mates rates.

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, no worries. Thanks for the reply though. The RP40 seems good value with the various upgrades (when compared to RP3/RP6 retail prices!)

T

the record spot

Marantz for me. Lovely turntable, Or I'd get a Garrard 301 or 401 - they sometimes come up for good prices but you'll need some patience for that. A modded Technics SL1210 would be my only other suggestion. £800 would get you well on the way.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Need even more patience for this beauty , but I have lots and one day she will be mine.

Marantz TT 1000. I've actually found one but the seller is taking the mick.

marantz_tt1000.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts