opinions on the Audio Technica LP 120

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
eric132 said:
I own this turntable. What are your opinions on these turntables?

They're rubbish: no better than a cheap Technics knock-off. What were you thinking? If I were you I'd start a hate/bashing thread about this turntable.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

spiny norman said:
eric132 said:
I own this turntable. What are your opinions on these turntables?

They're rubbish: no better than a cheap Technics knock-off. What were you thinking? If I were you I'd start a hate/bashing thread about this turntable.

*biggrin*

I think you're being a bit generous, Spiny.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

spiny norman said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
*biggrin*

I think you're being a bit generous, Spiny.

Well, it is Friday! :)

Ah yes! Friendly Friday.

I still don't have to be nice to Eric, though, do I?

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I know they are a knock off of the technics 1200. But they are affordable and are good for the price imo and based on my listening expirience, a decent table.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
eric132 said:
I know they are a knock off of the technics 1200. But they are affordable and are good for the price imo and based on my listening expirience, a decent table.

In this comment you said the sound quality of the Audio Technica LP120 is equivalent to a compressed digital file. Even an entry-level hi-fi turntable should sound better than an MP3. It's great that you're enjoying the sound of it, but you could get significantly better sound quality for a similar price.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
eric132 said:

In this comment you said the sound quality of the Audio Technica LP120 is equivalent to a compressed digital file. Even an entry-level hi-fi turntable should sound better than an MP3. It's great that you're enjoying the sound of it, but you could get significantly better sound quality for a similar price.

After listening more to the turntable with good monitor headphones, it actually does sound a bit better than mp3's.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm hugging you, Eric, because nobody else is; I'm rather partial to outsiders...even daft ones. I look forward, with bad breath, to your next missive.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Jim_W said:
with bad breath

Have you been baiting it again?

Clearly you're fishing for hidden meanings, although I did have to check the spelling of baiting. Glad you put an 'i' in it or i wouldn't have known quite how to reply; I mean, this is a public forum and I'm rather shy.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you been listening to this again, Jim?

hlp2shl.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim_W said:
I'm hugging you, Eric, because nobody else is; I'm rather partial to outsiders...even daft ones. I look forward, with bad breath, to your next missive.

Hippie! *biggrin*

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Have you been listening to this again, Jim?

Laughs!!! I'm a bit old for that type of stuff. I can imagine it being utterly horrible!!! However, I do have some Christian Death records which I really like!!!

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:

Hippie! *biggrin*

Rumbled...and I'd kept so quiet about it. *scratch_one-s_head*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts