Open-plan Living Area

0joe0

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi, Just about to start a new build and I was looking for some advice on how best to provide audio in the open-plan living area of the house (14m x 4.5m). Kitchen at one end, dining area in the middle, TV on the end wall (I keep trying to upload a pic but it won't let me). Primarly we want: good sound in the TV section for music listening (spotify, NAS), radio (FM and streaming) and movie viewing (not interested in 5.1 but I may wire for it); and music listening (spotify, NAS), radio (FM and streaming) in the kitchen. I'm on a very tight budget i.e. do it as cheaply as possible. My thoughts were a Yamaha RN-500 hooked up to 4 x Wharfedale Diamond 220's. Amp would drive two speakers at a time except for parties. I really liked the sound of the Zendor 3's but unfortunately they're 6ohms and I would like to drive the 4 speakers during parties from the RN-500. Two of the 220's would be stand mounted at the TV and the other two would be wall mount in the Kitchen. I don't want to get standmounters for esthetic reasons. Am I way off the mark here. Will the speakers sound like tin cans in a room this size (also the ceilings are high)? Any other strategies? Thanks.

0joe0

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
uc

Would this come in your budget?

Q Acoustics 2050 floorstanding speakers for fronts (£279 at Peter Tyson)

Q Acoustics 2000ci speaker for centre (£102 at The Movie Rooms)

Q Acoustics 2010i for surrounds (£89 at Audio Affair)

Look at BK subwoofers.

TRENDING THREADS