bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Damn you vodka!!

I've just checked my emails and found a confirmation for a record I apparently bought late last night. Don't remember that
smiley-embarassed.gif

It's an album that I really want, but (When sober) i've been holding off from buying cos it's £35.

It's the new 3 x LP Music On Vinyl re-issue of this:

51FW6oa2GML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I can't wait to hear 'Everybody here wants you' on vinyl
smiley-smile.gif

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Bretty ,

I'm jealous as I only have this on CD . I actually prefer this to Grace ( sacrelege , I know, but there you go ) .

The best track , imho, is a killer version of Genesis's Back in N.Y.C. Much better than their lame original . Play it loud and annoy the neighbours ,

Nick

bretty said:
Damn you vodka!!

I've just checked my emails and found a confirmation for a record I apparently bought late last night. Don't remember that
smiley-embarassed.gif

It's an album that I really want, but (When sober) i've been holding off from buying cos it's £35.

It's the new 3 x LP Music On Vinyl re-issue of this:

51FW6oa2GML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I can't wait to hear 'Everybody here wants you' on vinyl
smiley-smile.gif

Give the name of the Vodka...

I dribble everytime I see a Buckley record or cd.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Further sacrilege, but I've never been a great Buckley believer. Agnostic to atheist, at best. My friends cajoled me into listening to/and buying Grace all those years ago, and I am inclined to marvel at the wonder of his take on Hallelujah and Lover, You Should have Come Over too. I'm also partial to a bootlegged recording where he interpolates a truly sacred text, I Know It's Over, into a live show.

Beyond that, I don't really get it. For me Tim's the man as far as Buckleys are concerned. Is there a more wondrous pop-plea-yodel than It Happens Every Time?

Should I be converted or stoned to death?

Charlie Jefferson said:
Further sacrilege, but I've never been a great Buckley believer. Agnostic to atheist, at best. My friends cajoled me into listening to/and buying Grace all those years ago, and I am inclined to marvel at the wonder of his take on Hallelujah and Lover, You Should have Come Over too. I'm also partial to a bootlegged recording where he interpolates a truly sacred text, I Know It's Over, into a live show.

Beyond that, I don't really get it. For me Tim's the man as far as Buckleys are concerned. Is there a more wondrous pop-plea-yodel than It Happens Every Time?

Hiss! boo!... ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Charlie Jefferson said:

Hiss! boo!... ;)

It's enough to make you drink....and you know where that leads. :)

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:
Charlie Jefferson said:

Hiss! boo!... ;)

Straight for the kettle and a nice brew up... :bigsmile:

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:

He can't be everyone's cuppa jo. You're right about the bootlegs: some of his improvised live stuff really worked.

Here's a couple of my fave Jeff tracks that you may not have heard Charlie boy. You never know, they might change your mind. Or not
smiley-smile.gif

Satisfied Mind (I proper love this track. Even though it's just recorded on a rubbish 4 track, the emotion just flows from it)

LINKS REMOVED BY MODS - please do not link to sites containing inappropriate content

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:
Charlie Jefferson said:

Hiss! boo!... ;)

Straight for the kettle and a nice brew up... :bigsmile:

Lapsang Souchong goes straight to the head......when your old. ;)

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bretty,

I've just listened to Satisfied Mind, and it's brilliant. I'm sat with my headphones on, listening in a darkened room, family all asleep, and it's evocative stuff, isn't it just. Thanks for the jolt to my senses. And you're buying this on vinyl??? Let us know how it sounds.

Now for the other two you linked to.

TRENDING THREADS