oooOOOhhh

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Have you heard of the new band called Them Crooked Vultures?
If you ever wondered what it would sound like if you combined Led Zeppelin, Queens Of The Stoneage and the Foo Fighters then wonder no more. On drums Dave Grohl, bass/keyboard John Paul Jones and lead guitar/vocals Josh Homme
emotion-21.gif

Zane Lowe interviewed the band and was playing one of their new tracks all week called New Fang (scroll to bottom of the page). Sounds good and I can't wait to buy the album when it's released on the 16th November.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Should be good.......

What is it with these "supergroups" that have to be associated with birds? Chickenfoot are another one - Michael Anthony (Flea) on bass, Chad Smith on drums, Joe Satriana on guitar,and Sammy Hagar on vocals. Great stuff.

Tonestar1

I saw then as at Pukklepop earlier this year where the were billed ad the surprise act. Luckily we were statying at the same hotel as them so found ot they were playing.Really good live big big sound, I'm also going to see them mid December at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
SpiceWeasel:
If you ever wondered what it would sound like if you combined Led Zeppelin, Queens Of The Stoneage and the Foo Fighters then wonder no more. On drums Dave Grohl, bass/keyboard John Paul Jones and lead guitar/vocals Josh Homme

They should be good.....although Dave Grohl doesn't drum for the Foo Fighters.....

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Drummerdave:SpiceWeasel:

They should be good.....although Dave Grohl doesn't drum for the Foo Fighters.....

Dont think anyone said he did. Well noticed tho, you really have been watching the pop scene with an eagle eye.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
al7478:Drummerdave:SpiceWeasel:

Dont think anyone said he did. Well noticed tho, you really have been watching the pop scene with an eagle eye.

Just that it would a cross between Led Zep, QOTSA and Nirvana......

You obviously missed my post of 10 Sept - ignored as usual, ah well.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I know Dave doesn't play drums for the Foo's, although he did have a go on the drums at the Foo's Wembley gig last year. Ok so it wasn't for a Foo's track but it still counts
emotion-4.gif

He did have a spell banging on the drums with QOTSA though. Whatever the combination TCV are sounding very good, can't wait to hear more from the album.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Drummerdave:al7478:Drummerdave:SpiceWeasel:

Just that it would a cross between Led Zep, QOTSA and Nirvana...... You obviously missed my post of 10 Sept - ignored as usual, ah well.

Sorry, i feel i was a bit harsh now.

But no, no idea about a post on september 10th.

Tonestar1

My experience of them at Pukklepop was sadly limited due to the fact I'd had too many beers and didn't know any of the songs. Still sounded pretty good though and really bloody loud! Can't wait to see them when I'm slightly less intoxicated.

:)

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
al7478:Drummerdave:al7478:Drummerdave:SpiceWeasel:

Just that it would a cross between Led Zep, QOTSA and Nirvana...... You obviously missed my post of 10 Sept - ignored as usual, ah well.

Sorry, i feel i was a bit harsh now.

But no, no idea about a post on september 10th.

No need to apologise, was having a bad day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts