Ooh Ooh !!! Tax rebate ! Tax rebate!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Our accountant has just finalised our company / personal tax return and reckons the wife and I are due a refund of a little over £4000!

Now, seeing as we moved house last year and the one we're in now isn't finished - how can I convince her to spend it on more AV / hi fi kit as opposed to curtains, kitchen tiles, warbrobes and 101 other things the house is lacking !!?? think this will be a tricky one
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

£4000 will pay for a nice holiday for you and your family in Chobe game lodge Botswana .... something that is very special and not many people can afford to experience (best game reserve in the world IMHO)

plus .... there will be loads of change left to get some really good classic/vintage hi-fi gear off ebay
emotion-2.gif

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
tell the missus that, in order to kick-start the economy, HMRC are handing out all tax rebates in the form of gift vouchers.

Give it a week, and then say your random voucher allocation has come by way of [Richer Sounds/Sevenoaks/Peter Tyson] vouchers.

Simples.

matthewpiano

Given the quality of the kit you've got I'd leave the AV stuff well alone. Ask for £500 for music and films and spend the rest on getting the house really nice. If you don't you know you'll spend the whole of next year hearing about it.

A

Anonymous

£4000.00 will not buy you a system powerful enough to drown out an angry spouse
emotion-6.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
roger06:
Our accountant has just finalised our company / personal tax return and reckons the wife and I are due a refund of a little over £4000!

Now, seeing as we moved house last year and the one we're in now isn't finished - how can I convince her to spend it on more AV / hi fi kit as opposed to curtains, kitchen tiles, warbrobes and 101 other things the house is lacking !!?? think this will be a tricky one
emotion-2.gif

You have no chance!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys...

Yes, all good advice! But I think having somewhere to store my clothes other than the bedroom floor is perhaps a priority! I'll maybe just treat myself to a nice Chord interconnect (second hand of course!)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Actually I think the sub woofer is now my system's weak link - it's a Paradigm thingy from Richer Sounds about 11 years ago! So perhaps a few hundred quid there and the rest can go on tiles and soft furnishings...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts