Online Storage to stream my own music

dan2503

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Firstly apologies if this is the wrong forum....but I couldn't find one specific.

I am looking for 'cloud storage' that I am able to stream back to my phone. I have hundreds of lossless files stored on computer but it would be nice to store them remotely. Firstly, so I'm able to play them back via any device, anywhere and secondly as security should anything happen to my computer.

There may be an obvious answer but I can't find it without constantly finding Google and iTunes.

Thanks

A

Anderson

You could rent s VPS with whatever amount of disk space you require, set up a music server of some description.

What I do is upload my Music to Google Play so that I can stream where ever I want with an internet connection.

Google Music is probably coming up a lot because it works, is useful and free.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd been thinking of doing this with my own lossless files and coincidentaly enough I raised a similar thread about it last week. However currently I've found my internet connection cripples the practicality of doing something which in theory at least should work: after an hour I was still waiting for one CD to upload to the cloud, and I've ripped over 640 of them. Maybe I'll have another go when I eventually get fibre.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
If you use a Synology NAS then it allows access to your music (and video's & photo's) from anywhere in the world via a brilliant app called DS Audio. Obviously a housefire would destroy it (unlike the cloud) but a fireproof safe is quite cheap.

No uploading needed. You can store files off-line on your phone or stream direct to it.

Wuss

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I use a QNAP TS221 Nas box. It gives me access to my FLAC files anywhere in the world via QNAP Cloud (Free). Last year I was on holiday in Florida sitting in my Villa listening to my music via the Qnap Musi App. Not bad for 3000+ miles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts