Onkyo TX-SR608 vs marantz SR5005

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just bought the TX-SR 608 one month ago, and i just don't satisfied with its perfomance, even most of review rated this product to the best? was it because it's cheap price?

the problem were when I connected my TX-SR 608 to my PC using Nvidia GTX 460 display card via HMDI (i'm using HTPC). founding that font blur and shadowed at 1920x1080p 60hz, true color 32 bit video resolution even in windows xp and windows 7. so it's hard to read and making my eyes sick. my display TV is Samsung LA40C650, connected with HMDI high speed cable. that was the first issue, but with marantz sr5005, it's work fine and i can see the font clearly with the same HDMI cable, can somebody tell me what happened? really appreciate with explanation.[:)]

second issue was about sound quality. i tested them with both onkyo tx-sr608 and marantz sr5005 used automatic setup for speakers, using audyseey automatic setup. the result was i didn't find that TX-SR608 really amazed me. so i decided to try marantz SR5005 which lend from my friend. it's sound great and have very plentiful detail surround sound, appears more soften sound. as then i find out sr5005 have 9 band Eq by channel. which tx-sr608 only have 5 band Eq.

Just info my speakers are Kef iQ9(F) ,iQ6c (C) ,iQ1(SR) . it's sound very nice with marantz sr 5005 receiver. i didn't say that TX-SR608 sound awfull with my speaker setup. but compare to the marantz. i heard huge difference of sound quality between them. i prefered marantz sound better.

I know that onkyo very competitive in budget than the marantz. but not in quality.

so i decided to buy marantz sr6005 [:D] now i really enjoy both visual and sound quality.

sorry with my bad writing skill. i just want to share my experience. very appreciate any comment from the experts.

Thanks.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
joke aside..audio setup is not always recomended...for sound only you can know wich you prefer.I think Marantz makes better Av amps than Stereo amps.

A

Anonymous

i don't understand why the TXSR608 become av receiver product of the year 2010? honestly, i feel little disappointed.

how do the review decide which AV receiver is the best? or because it's great specification on sheet only? THX select 2 certified, Faroudja dcdi , burr-brown DAC? with great spec in low budget value?

TRENDING THREADS