Onkyo TX-NR414 Network but no Internet

chutuk

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I purchased an Onkyo TX-NR414 yesterday from Richer Sounds, however I'm having a few problems with the online features.

The receiver is connected via eithernet to my Virgin media superhub (via a switch) and receives an IP address etc with no problems. It can stream audio from my NAS drive happily, however all the other online features (Spotify, Aupeo etc) will not work. It's as if the device only has local network access without an internet breakout.

I've amended the firewall settings and even put the receiver in he DMZ to no avail.

Has anyone had this issue before or any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

Andy

chutuk

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hiya,

Thanks for the tip, have checked the gateway and it's fine. I've tried both DHCP and Static IPs but get the same problem. Anything locally (DLNA) works fine but it's unable to see the web, even with firewall disabled.

mjs

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
You may find that your so called `Superhub` is your problem, they are not at all good at these tasks. Better if you can switch this to modem only mode and then use an additional networking hub attached diectly to it.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply - just noticed your post.

I had a similar problem when I first set up my Onkyo TX-NR609 - cut a long story short it was my modem.

Orange changed it for a newer version and it worked straight-away.

Embarrasingly, the unit went back to Onkyo for 'repair' and was checked out in my dealer's shop. I spent days trying to figure it out. In the end my dealer (Audio T in Cardiff) sent me to a local computer shop who after some 'head-scratching' suggested what the problem might be - they were spot-on.

Your problem maybe different, but it is worth contacting your ISP just in case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts