Onkyo test tone and Audyssey issues

dtugarte

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

I have an Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver that I have owned for nearly 2 years with no problems at all until now. I have just moved house which has prompted me to run Audyssey set up. When I do I find that all speakers are running correctly but the surround left speaker produces no noise at all and Audyssey just flags up speaker detect error saying no surround left speaker. I also find that going into the speaker level calibration menu gives me the same result all speakers working fine but no tone from the surround left speaker. I have checked the speaker is fine as sound is produced during normal listening and swapping speakers gives the same result the speaker wire is wired correctly and in phase. Any help is much appreciated as my last resort is to fully reset the receiver which I would rather not do if I don't have to.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
If you are confident that all your wiring is correct then you're going to have to do a full reset. You haven't knocked a zone or speaker group select button by accident have you?

dtugarte

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Fully confident wiring is correct checked it countless times now. Sure I'v not knocked any zone or speaker group settings I never use anything like that and the zone icons are not lit on the display. I'm thinking I am going to have to do a full reset as everything seems fine untill I use test tones or Audyssey can't help but feel as though its some kind of software bug or of similar nature.

TRENDING THREADS