Onkyo SR507 / Audyssey setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have an Onkyo TX-SR507 AV received connected to Q-Accoustics 5.1 1010i speakers. Despite running the Audyssey set-up program a few times, I can't get the sound quite right, it sounds ... thin. I know the speakers aren't massive, but I still feel like I should be able to get a better sound out of them. If I turn on Dynamic EQ the sound fattens up a lot and generally sounds better, but the surround speakers seem to get a massive boost compared to front left / right, while the centre level drops off.

I notice it most if I'm playing a video game and am in an environment with background noise. It comes through the rear speakers far too high. It's also obvious if I play the surround-sound Flaming Lips albums.

Any tips? I'd like a nicer tone but without the surround boost. I'm new to all this, so if someone has some EQ settings, that might be a good place to start!

Thanks!

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest you either borrow or buy a SPL meter to help set the speaker volume up correctly, the Audyssey set up does not all ways work exactly right for speaker volume levels.

Put the SPL meter in your prime listening position on a tripod at ear level, send a test tone via the amp to each of the speakers & adjust the levels for each speaker in turn until you get a reading of around 75db +- 0.5db from each speaker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts