Onkyo ND-S1 vs Wadia 171

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there. Please, could you tell me sincerely, whats the difference from Onkyo ND S1 iDock and Wadia 171? I know Wadia costs more than double but what about the sound quality? I got a hi end stereo system and would like to transport my Ipod musics to my DAC. Let me know if the sound quality of the Wadia is much better or not.RegardsRicardo

Hi there.I'd like to buy a Ipod transport to connect to my Wyred 4 Sound DAC .Please, could you guys tell me whats the difference from Onkyo ND S1 iDock and Wadia 171? I know Wadia costs more than double ( almost 3x) but what about the sound quality? I got an W4S integrated, pair of Elac BS 244 and a DAC 1 upgrated. Let me know if the sound quality of the Wadia is much better or not.

Is there any other option ?

Regards

Ricardo

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd say the ND-S1000 is a definite step up over the ND-S1, so I'm sure the Wadia would be too, but whether it is worth the outlay is hard to say.

I was satisfied with the extra money I spent changing from an ND-S1 to an ND-S1000.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ID. Whats the difference from ND-S1 and ND-S1000? Is it only the external material or also the sound quality as well? How much is that? Where can I find it?

Anyone more?

Regards

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I'm in Japan so just assumed Onkyo had released the ND-S1000 worldwide because it is readily available here.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/onkyo-nd-s1000

I didn't end up doing direct comparisons, but I picked it up at a decent price, and it is definitely an improvement. Brings the sound much close to what I was getting from my CD player (same DAC section used).

A

Anonymous

Thanks again, ID. I think the question would be Onkyo ND-S1000 vs Wadia 171.

I need to compare they both to decide my purchase.

Regards

Ricardo

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
From other threads I've read on the Wadia, and the lack of responses to this thread, I'm assuming that no forum member has heard both son you'll have to find a way to test them yourself.

To me, if I was spending the amount that the Wadia costs I'd instead be looking at what kind of streamer/NAS setup I could run for a similar cost, but that's just me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts