Onkyo ND-S1 and the iPhone

Messiah

Hi Guys,

My iPhone works fine in conjunction with the Onkyo ND-S1 (as it does with my Onkyo DS-A2X dock). When I insert it it does say the device is not compatible and asks if I want to switch to Airplane mode but I select 'NO' and it still all functions perfectly.

So, what is the compatability issue I wonder??

Messiah

It certainly charges my iPhone 3G (not s). Not tried the phone calls but it was fine with the other dock......hmmmm...

Onkyo might be doing themselves out of some sales here......

A

Anonymous

Sorry for dredging up an old thread.

I've recently bought an ND-S1 but I'm having problems with my iPhone 3Gs. I keep getting squeaky popping noises at random intervals during playback. I've played the same songs via iTunes on my PC connected to the unit without problems so it's not the unit or the optical cable. It happens in Airplane mode on or off.

In addition the remote control really doesn't work well, changing using Album + or - just skips me to random songs. I also can't seem to get a display on my TV via my TX-SR608.

All in all I'm not very happy with the unit, can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong or is it simply the fact that I have an iPhone 3Gs and I should go out and buy an iPod?

Messiah

From other forums this seems to be an issue with the latest firmware.

Others have done a factory reset and it sems to have worked. Otherwise you may have to wait for the next update to stop this.

Personally I don't really use the remote but when I have I have not really had any issues so not sure what is wrong there. Maybe linked to the firmware issue??

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Messiah. Just in case anyone else on here has the problem I wanted to to say that there are lots of threads on going on the Apple website forum which report this issue too, so Messiah was right it seems an OS upgrade issue. I'll be downgrading as suggested until Apple fix it.

Cheers!

Messiah

bobsworth:
so Messiah was right

What else do you expect!
emotion-4.gif
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts