Onkyo CR-725 matching speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,I happen to have a CR-725 I used with some speakers I have to give back to their owner so I need new ones. Unfortunately where I live I do not have the opportunity to go around shopping and listenning to make my choice so I have to buy online, and we all know it is hard to make the right choice this way. Nevertheless looking around and on What HiFi web site, I narrowed down to a few models. From my choice my budget is quite obvious. Does anyone have some experience with any of these combinations, real life or theorical?Here is my list, not in any preference order yet, just a list, if someone wnat ot add to my list please do so: Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1Wharfedale Diamond 10.1Tannoy Mercury F1 CustomMordaunt-Short Avant 902iQ Acoustics 2020 why not floor standing (I have the room for that, no problem) like ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS NEO 3 (Can a CR-725 drive that?)
Thanks to anyone for help and opinions! Well, I can add something: I'd like to fill the space with sound as much as I can, of course keeping things under control.One more thing I can add, I listen a lot of Jazz but also Funk, Classical, Indian, a bit of electronic etc...

A

Anonymous

I have Monitor Audio BR2's with my Onkyo amp and they sound brilliant. went to the demo with my heart set on a pair of B&W's but I was blown away by the MA's. They are a little bigger cabinets than the ones on your list, but they are not overly intrusive especially on the right stands. They love to be driven hard and in my opinion sound sweet. They also look the dogs!!

Hope this helps,

Nick

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nick,

What kind of music do you like to listen on these?

I just checked the BR2. I actually have no problem with anything bigger really.

I'll keep an eye and hope for more comments and opinions.

cheers

A

Anonymous

All sorts of music in the popular music catagory. sometimes I feel I've got quite a varied and eclectic taste, until you see some of the posts on here and suddeny feel very narrow minded! I am trying to develop a liking for Classical music. As part of my system demo I used a couple of tracks from Holsts Planets, which were awesome.

Current disks I car'nt stop spinning are:

The Wedding Present - either George Best or The Hit Parade

Belle & Sebastian - The BBC Sessions

The Drums - Summertime

I love the sounds of all the Radio 1 Live Lounge albums, especially the accoustic tracks - Newton Faulkner covering Kate Nash delivers a beautiful sound on my set-up.

Nick

A

Anonymous

I own a Teac CR-H240DAB I imported a few months ago from the UK (I am from Germany) and decided after reading many tests and also tested many speakers in shops myself to buy the Magnat Quantum 603 which cost only around 200Euro/pair here at the moment, which is around 180GBP I think and they really sound fantastic and I don't think you will find better speakers for this money. They really make my small Teac-system sound brilliant. No matter what kind of music you hear (I listen to rock, blues, folk, classic and also to all kind of music on the radio), they always sound warm but also show details in the middle and high tones and the bass is really strong for a book shield speaker. Also you can listen to music with them for hours and hours without the speakers killing your nerves (which did for example the floorstanding Wharfedale VR 200 which I ordered before without listening after reading a test in a German hifi-magazine, the highes were much to pregnant to listen to them for longer). I don't know if the Magnat Quantum 603 are easy available in the UK, but maybe you can import them to the UK, too. Here is a test that really describes the speakers perfect I think. The test is in German but you can translate it easy with google translation and it is understandable a friend from Scotland told me! LOL
emotion-2.gif

http://www.stereo.de/index.php?id=396

Here is the test where they compare the Magnat Quantum 603 with 8 other speakers:

http://www.testberichte.de/preisvergleich/level4_stereo_119275.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts