Onkyo CR-515DAB driving Tannoy f1 custom 8ohm speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently brought a pair of Tannoy f1 customs for my Onkyo CR-515DAB but they don't seem as they are being driven very well by my onkyo. Does anybody know what the power rating is for the Onkyo running 8ohms speakers?? and if my Onkyo is actually meant to drive 8ohm speakers. Thanks.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
sam24:I have recently brought a pair of Tannoy f1 customs for my Onkyo CR-515DAB but they don't seem as they are being driven very well by my onkyo. Does anybody know what the power rating is for the Onkyo running 8ohms speakers?? and if my Onkyo is actually meant to drive 8ohm speakers. Thanks.

Well it's rated at 20 watts per channel at 4ohms so maybe 15 watts into 8 ohms? There is no problem with the Onkyo driving your speakers. It might just be that the Tannoys sound better with a bit more beef behind them.

A

Anonymous

There shouldn't be any problems - what size is your room?

A

Anonymous

Well my bedroom is L shaped - 11ft long, 9ft 8" wide, narrowing down to 6ft wide where my Onkyo and Tannoys sit on my pine chest of drawers; but i have found out that after a bit more running in and a change of speaker cable (QED Silver Anniversary XT Edition) they are starting to sound better, so hopefully they will continue to improve and my problem will be solved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts