Onkyo 608 vs hifi?

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I currently own a pretty decent 3000£ stereo and I am very happy with it. However, I have an urge to be able to play surround-sound on movies and games, as well as TV, and I can`t afford or accomodate both. I am considering letting go of that last drop of finish on jazz-favorites for boom and bang on "avatar" and the likes, but how good would an Onkyo 608 with a decent speaker-package prove to be?

Food for thought wanted!

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
If you have a 3k stereo only setup, the Onkyo really isnt going to old a candle to it musically. The 608 is a decent bit of kit for the money, but your going to need to aim a fair bit higher if you want an AVR to try compete with your stereo setup.

A

Anonymous

I have a 608 and its probably the best £399 i have ever spent a brilliant little amp

Sliced Bread

I have a £1400 Onkyo amp (905) and from a short demo, I can definitely say that it doesn't touch the Naim amp for stereo ability. As good as the 608 is, it just wouldn't stand a chance against the 5i.

If you really really want a good movie experience, then go for it but musically I think you'll be disappointed after coming from such a good stereo amplifier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts