Onkyo 606 TRUE HD problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help??

I have an Onkyo 606 teamed up with a Toshiba EP35 HD DVD player and a Panasonic TH37px80B.

All are connected with £35 HDMI cables.

The problem I have is getting the Dolby True HD light to show up on the display screen. I have quite a few HD DVD’s that show that they can produce this sound format, yet they do not show True HD in the menu? And i cannot see it in the choices under the listening modes on the Onkyo

I have been in the options in the DVD menu, followed the settings for the receiver and DVD player in the manuals and read various forums on the web.

I can get Dolby digital plus to show up on the receiver ok, but I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong in not getting the True HD light on.

Also, what is the TRUE AUDIO button on the Onkyo? And what does it produce.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Kev

A

Anonymous

Presumably your £35 HDMI cables are 'high speed' cables as opposed to standard ones?

nads

the players settings need to be.

Digital Out SPDIF---> Bitstream

Digital out HDMI---->Auto

Digital Direct Audio Mode----->On

Dynamic Range Control------>Off

Dialog Enhancement------>Off

A

Anonymous

Hi Alsina, yes, they are 1.3a guaranteed 1080p cables. they should have cost more but i got them from a mate who works in the business. i hace swapped HDMI cables with my son-in-law and still have the same problem. thanks for replying.....Kev

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nads, these are the settings i have at the moment. i think the problem may be elsewhere, it just seems to be the TRUE HD that is the problem, everything else is ok. i can get Dolby Digital plus light on the receiver ok. when looking into the audio options on the HD DVD's, i cannot see an option for TRUE HD, despite it saying so on the DVD cover...."THE 300". Do you think it could be the DVD that is at fault?

again, thanks for replying.......Kev

A

Anonymous

problem solved!!!!

on the remote control unit there is a button called AUDIO, when i pressed this up came TRUE HD on the panel...........wow, superb sound. reading the toshes manual, this AUDIO button changes the language menu AND other audio options which are not always on the disc
emotion-7.gif

r

thanks to the people that replied.........Kev

TRENDING THREADS