ONKYO 605 - S-Video to HMDI Picture quality...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

i have just purchased a system consisting of an Onkyo 605 AV receiver, Q acoustics 1010 5.1 speaker system.

I was going to connect the Amp to the TV by a single HDMI cable, but the guy in the shop insisted that the quality of the picture from a SKY+ box connected to the amp by S Video (and then passed through the HDMI cable) was very poor and i would be much better of using a dedicated Scart lead to go from the SKY+ box to the TV. Does anyone have any experience of connecting a SKY box to the amp in this way?

The speaker cable i've got as part of the deal is QED QX16/2 - this will be channeled into the walls with the speakers mounted on the walls, can anyone give me their opinion on this?

Thanks

Richard

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
In my opionion the guy in the shop is right as to use a a scart direct to your tv rather than going through you amp making sure that you are using a RGB scart as this will give better results than S-video, yes your amp will up-convert the S-video signal to HDMI but dont expect miricals. Another option is to buy a scart to component cable alowing you to use the RGB from the Sky box then run this through your amp and the results will definatly be better than that of S-video.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that.

Do you have any opinion regarding the quality of the speaker cable i mentioned above?

Thanks

Richard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts