Onix OA24, SOAP 2, OA601

Onix

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi,......I just registered to ask some favor related with Onix OA24, Onix SOAP 2 and Onix OA601, which means that I need information about original price of each above mentioned device (period from 1988-1990). Recently I had copy of "What Hi-Fi", September 1990,with price list but I obviously lost it. I'll be grateful to anybody if I can have scan of any "What Hi-Fi" issue with asked prices or even better, if somebody got any review of this fabulous trio! Thanks in advance and best regards to hi-fi fans!

24098636.jpg
">

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Probably not much help, but I paid £450 (end of line clearance) for my OA32LE back in about 1998 - I believe the full retail price was about £600 at the time.

Nice to see inside an Onix btw (having never opened mine up).ÿ

Onix

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply and some information! As you can see mine one is in great condition (inside 10/10), but couple of scratches
emotion-12.gif
(outside 7/10). Yes I know there's no a lot information and relative sources about ONIX but this combination (pre-power) was....as I remember....quite more expensive......and that's point, to find out full retail price at the actually time!!!So,...here's the call for "archive guys"
emotion-1.gif
and anybody with any manuals, reviews,.....etc.

Thanks!

81241151.jpg
">

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
You might find it tough going getting the info you are after - I've often googled 'onix' out of interest and there isn't much out there! The fact that the manufacturer went out of business some time ago doesn't help...

Let me (for one) know if you do find a good source of information...

Onix

May 11, 2009
Visit site
You're right.....there isn't much out there! (That's the reason for asking "whathifi" forum members).

I think.....we should establish somekind of ONIX fan club.......
emotion-2.gif

Of course.......I'll let you know in case I found "any" source......

BR

A

Anonymous

hi,nice set up!used to work for onix back in 92.have got some old prices from 91,oa24 £342,oa601 £667,bwd1 £360 no idea on the soap but from memory about £300?would love your set up,hunted for 5 years to find replacement for my old oa21 & finally found an oa31s at 2nd hand shop,happy days!

EDITED BY MODS - no trading, please

Onix

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot!

Finally......very useful information......straight from the "source"! About selling, at this moment...I don't think so....but it's nice to hear that's somewhere around exist Onix fan....

A

Anonymous

Another Onix fan here as well. I had an OA21, which I spent hours modifying, to good effect. Would love to hear your setup. And add me to the list of potential buyers please! Lovely looking kit.

A

Anonymous

Hello all i'm new here but saw the Onix stuff.............I had an OA21s in the late 80's early 90's.............and would love to own one again the guy who i sold it to ( before i sold all my belongings and ran off to find myself ) still has it to this day, and won't part with it ! If any of you guys comes accross one or wants to sell one let me know..........cheers

Onix

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi spev/greenstiles......and welcome to the club! :) It's really nice to see "growing" ONIX community.....As You can see......so rare to find out any part of (Tony Brady) ONIX. Recently I got information,......there's only 50 pieces of BWD1 produced ever.....and lucky me,.....one of them sitting in front of me :)

(about this information,....can our friend "technarchy" check this information.....only 50 pieces of BWD1???)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Well done who ever out bid me just now on a Onix OA22 amp on ebay...................looks like i'll have to work harder to get back my oa21s from my mate
emotion-2.gif

Onix

May 11, 2009
Visit site
.....finally.......got something about BWD1.....

P.S. If anybody got something similar about OA24, SOAP2 and OA601.....please post it here!

Thanks!

Onix

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I haven't see what about "Squiffy" wrote......but my complete ONIX "team" ( + OA21S) has already gone to France.......

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts