one box solution to work with B&W 805s replacing 6 box cyrus setup

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Folks,

Have decided to put my beloved cyrus kit into storage due to family issues (don't ask please). i have all my music in lossless format on an apple TV and want to find the best performing and smallest single box DAC/amp solution that can drive a pair of B&W 805s. i do not require any fancy features. i just want the best sonic performance in the simplest box. i would be happy with a single input, one power switch and a remote control.

any ideas for me? i suppose i could also just put the 805s into storage as well and go to power speakers

A

Anonymous

For me it would be the Supernait.....Although I'm not sure how it pairs with the B&W's.

A

Anonymous

Also the super new Sonneteer Morpheus, this little wonder does the lot,100Wx2 onboard amplification, streamer, remote control, it's the tidiest& neatest PC audio one box solution I've seen.

A

Anonymous

AVI 9.1s for sure.

I just mentioned on another thread, but I sold my Cyrus-based system (CDXT/DAC-X, Bel Canto amps, Dyn speakers) and Im very happy using lossless files into AVIs instead.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hia mate! I currently have the 805S and did pair them with bel canto pre and power. It was good but not a patch on my MF kw550 which i recently replaced the bel canto with. But if you want a simple box solution it not ideal as the integrated has its separate supply and together they weigh almost 60 kg! But it is stunningly good.

Try Primare and MF A5 Both sound nice with the bowers.

Regards

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't be looking at a one box solution just yet. You can get better performance per pound with a separate amp / DAC set up.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
scubasteve:thanks guys. i think replacing the 805s may be a step too far. so really need other ideas on the box. anyone any experience with the bel canto 300i

The new Linn classic?

regards

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
had a look at the linn classic today. was not that impressed. also looked at the supernait and have to say i liked it very much although was not able to listen with 805 speakers.

also looked at he bel canto and was quite impressed

anyone every heard a supernait with 805s that can comment

A

Anonymous

scubasteve: anyone every heard a supernait with 805s that can comment

If you get stuck here, head on over to the Naim forum and do a search or pop the question. Partnering with B&W doesn't seem all that popular for some reason, but there may be someone who can chip in, I know there are a few with 803, 804's etc...

A

Anonymous

By the way, PJ Hifi Guildford are one of the few top end Naim dealers that also carry B&W that I know of, though I'm not sure if this is close for you....

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
What about the musical fidelity KW250S all in one?
You can get a really good deal on these if you search. Its huge but its a one box solution with loads of power. Its basically a cd, tuner, dab, dac and power supply in one box. It did retail at almost 5000 but i saw deals at around 1300 when i was looking.

heres a review...

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/reviews/pdf/kw250s/kw250s_hifichoice_mar2007.pdf

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts