olive 3hd or cocktail audio? what do u think?

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If I was running IT at an august publication like WhatHiFi I would put something in place that prevented double posts and blank posts. It's not difficult honestly!

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Both are cd players with built in hard drive storage facility. Copy the cd to the hard drive (different file formats available). Store away the cd. The cocktail audio has a bulit in amp section too.

Has anybody heard either of them and can give some feedback as to sound quality/value for money etc. Also ease of use etc

thanks in advance tonky

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
FWIW Tonky, if you already own a computer, it looks like there are much cheaper ways of going about the streaming thing without much perceived loss in sound quality. Try a NAS with a Squeezbox Touch for example.

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
hi tonky

avoid the olive 3hd i had two in the space of two weeks early this year both had serious problems and had to be returned and their customer service is in the usa

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Mama's got a squeezebox
She wears on her chest
And when Daddy comes home
He never gets no rest
'Cause she's playing all night
And the music's all right
Mama's got a squeezebox
Daddy never sleeps at night

But the cocktail audio does seem decent value for money (even tho it may not be the ultimate in hi fi).

So if anyone has one and can provide some decent feedback I'd be grateful.

cheers tonky

T

the record spot

AlmaataKZ said:
Squeezebox is the best value streamer imo.

At £99, I'd suggest the Apple TV 3 is a better option if value is your benchmark...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts