Old to New amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a 20 years old amplifier musical fidelity e10 and thinking of upgrading my system, I am looking to buy the MF M3I which is about £1000.

My question is;

Is the sound, that mfm3i produces, going to be worth spending a grand?

Also how good is the sound going to be compare to the 20year old amp?

I have BW 601 speakers, for my new amp I am thinking of buying AE radiance1 speakers

Your opinion and suggestions appreciated

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
aniskg said:
Hi all,

I have a 20 years old amplifier musical fidelity e10 and thinking of upgrading my system, I am looking to buy the MF M3I which is about £1000.

My question is;

Is the sound, that mfm3i produces, going to be worth spending a grand?

Also how good is the sound going to be compare to the 20year old amp?

I have BW 601 speakers, for my new amp I am thinking of buying AE radiance1 speakers

Your opinion and suggestions appreciated
I would book a dem and take your amp along so as to compare the two I have the m6i and I love it the m3i is good m6i better plus more expensive . what sort of music do you listen to ? what is you budget as the kef r series speakers are realy good with mf amps

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot Toyota man

As u adviced I went for a demo today in audio affair shop in Birmingham, I took my old amp, also selected 8 tracks from 5 cds. they had the m3i connected to roksan caspian cd player and kef ls50. First impressions, not very good, there was no wow, if u know what I mean, only 2 out of the 8 tracks sounded impressive. Then we switched to my old amp and almost straight away I could tell that the MF E10 Is a better sounding amp MF M3I . I played all the 8 tracks again just to make sure that I was making the right the comparison.

I think the vocal was particularly good on e10 and also the overall sound seemed more musical on e10. To me, only thing that scored more on m3i is the power output it has about 80watts per channel whereas e10 has 40 watts, which is irrelevant to me.

So your advice saved me grand and I have also learned to value what I already have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts