Old arcam how much £ ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i friend of my wife is selling her hi fi , Arcam Alpha 8R ,8P ,8SE ,8T . Castle severn 11 speakers, my question is how much is it worth approx, is it worth buying or is it a bit old now.

A

Anonymous

I dont really know the average life of hifi, i dont want to buy it and find things breaking down. Is buying and upgrading a good option, or woulld i be better off just buying newer kit, i know there is not a right or wrong answer just wanted to get the opinions of more experienced people.

A

Anonymous

mrbungle:go for alot on ebay, somewhat inflated money I think.

I can only agree. I've sold several things recently for way over the price I expected, it's a glorious thing that ebay.

daveh75

i'd say the amps and tuner should be fine, but maybe be wary of the cdp.Dont think transports age that well! Although saying that, i gave my brother my old arcam 7 cdp about 6 months back and thats still as good as the day i bought it some 12 odd years ago.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i checked completed listings on ebay and got to £530 just for the arcam kit no speakers - if sold on ebay woulg get far more than £450

thats taking into account all in good condition and well looked after

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the answers guys,just another thing i ,does it sound any good , not had a chance to listen yet,

A

Anonymous

£100 a piece, maybe £20-£30 more on the CDP and power amp, and the less on the integrated and tuner.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys i think i will pass on buying it, lack of space at the moment having extention built, will buy new system when i finish the building, (or i could just offer £350 for the lot) you never know, i could always find room if i had to.

A

Anonymous

Just a word of caution, eBay listings may cost peanuts - but the final fee and Paypal cuts a substantial chunk from your sale price
emotion-6.gif

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I recently got £98 on eBay for my pristine condition Alpha 8 R amp (8 yrs old ). I was a little dissapointed as an identical one went a few weeks earlier for £150 so there's a lot of luck involved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts