OK, Neat Motive 2 or Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6, Please advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

Following the last post I have, I now am considering another option for floorstander I am keen to get.

Which one do you think would be the best match for my Rotel RA-04 and CA 640 C V2.

Is it Neat Motive 2 or Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6, since they are within the same ballpark figure.

My type of music mainly Jazz and Pop/Rock - Chris Botti I have been listening to lately.

I really appreciate for your input.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

The high-end tweeter from the Performance Series....I'll go for M-S Mezzo 6

A

Anonymous

not heard the mezzo's, but they are about twice the size of the neats and are pig ugly imho. The neats i have heard and they are cracking and look great. They are more expensive though.

Razzler

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Not heard the Mezzo 6 but I have the Neats with a Naim5I. Can't fault them
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I've heard both!

Motive 2 wins by a boatlength. Especially if you like jazz.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for everyone input, it seems like Neat Motive 2 beats MS Mezzo 6 easily, but I am just wondering about WHF review about neat Motive 2

[*]
Against
Occasionally slip into brightness; don't have the outright detail of the best at this level
Where with Mezzo 6 the review quotes "There's no sign of brightness, and it doesn't stick out at the expense of the other frequencies"

Does it mean Mezzo 6 slightly edge Neat Motive 2 on the top end but lose with the rest ?

I am a newbie with Hi-Fi, only started building my own system recently. So if anyone could enlighten me about which speakers which suits me the best with my current system I have (Rotel RA-04 and CA 640C V2) I am more than happy to listen to :)

Many thanks.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Taking separate quotes from different reviews and trying to make a direct comparison wont often work unless it is part of a group test which directly lines them up and comments on the differences and direct qualities.

I would add my voice that Neat Motives are a better class of speaker and would probably win in a direct demo

A

Anonymous

Hi again. Since both speakers achieved 5 stars rating from WHF review I think which ever you choose you will still enjoy both of them. It's just a matter of cost. If you are willing to pay that extra amount of money then go for the more expensive one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts