Oh rats. What to do now?

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Morning all.

Found myself in a bit of a dilemma.

Just picked up a Technics SU-A900mk2 (integrated) amplifier in great condition, with the original plan being to upgrade the Rotel 935 on my PC setup.

Trouble is, I gave it its test-run on my main setup downstairs (using the 773e speakers), and I think I actually prefer the sound to my RA02/RB03 biamp setup.

I was supposed to be flogging some bits to free up some cash, but I can't bring myself to sell any of it because it's all brilliant!

I now have half a dozen amps, a basement full of speakers and loads of other bits gathering dust, with excuses ready for every single component.

Please, somebody tell me I'm not alone in this strange, kit-hoarding behaviour...?

Nope, I'm a bit of a hoarder. I did have loads of different hi-fi-related stuff in the attic. After some (a lot) perstering from Mrs. P most has now gone.

The best thing to do is decide which amp gives you the best sound over long periods and flog the rest.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Sospri said:
philipjohnwright said:
Plastic Penguin

I read that first as 'Mrs P has gone'.

Would be a bit of a drastic step!

Not at all, seems perfectly reasonable to me...............

It is after all, the male penguin who guards the egg, while the female heads off to fairer climes. :twisted:

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Dougal1331 said:
Please, somebody tell me I'm not alone in this strange, kit-hoarding behaviour...?

I am now down to 6 pairs of speakers - and if I'd kept the two pairs I sold recently I'd match matthewpiano's 8!

Much of the other stuff too, though not in such high numbers. Some of them don't serve any purpose at all and I will be looking to get rid of most of it soon. Which is what I've been saying for some time now and it just doesn't happen as fast I would wish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts