Oh no; It sounds all good

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Today by a dealer i have heard NAD C356 with C546 cdp, Creek Evo 2 amp and cdp, Arcam A18 with FMJ17 cdp. Music was from my favorite band Nightwish (with Tarja :) I wish i could say what was the best. I can't. It sounds all good. Litte different, but good. Maybe, jusy maybe the Creek was a bit brighter. The NAD maybe too overpowering for longtime listen and the Arcam too sounds good. Very difficult :cry:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
This will probably come down to long term speaker synergy.....and with the RX6 it could well be the Arcam, which won't exacerbate the treble or over do the bass....but this is just an opinion. If the speakers change, a different amp could sound better.

Can you hear some of these amps at home, as they may sound different again.

Cno

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I am not a fan of Arcam, but have to admit bands like Nightwish, Within Temptation etc do sound very good. In my experience they were always a bit off the pace with heavier stuff (metal/industrial), but if Nightwish is your benchmark I can understand you liking them.

I think home demos are the way to go, if available.

obiwan kenobi said:
Today by a dealer i have heard NAD C356 with C546 cdp, Creek Evo 2 amp and cdp, Arcam A18 with FMJ17 cdp. Music was from my favorite band Nightwish (with Tarja :) I wish i could say what was the best. I can't. It sounds all good. Litte different, but good. Maybe, jusy maybe the Creek was a bit brighter. The NAD maybe too overpowering for longtime listen and the Arcam too sounds good. Very difficult :cry:

In the Uk we have a game called 'scissors, paper, stone'. :)

A

Anonymous

I read here that many don't like the Arcam A18. I can go for a A28 with the cd17. Is this a good combo? I like the speed and power from the NAD, but i am afraid for longtime listening. I have a wooden floor.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
RX6 needs a bigger amp. I am not a fan of the rx6.

You should try some more neutral speaker, the one I like was the Vienna Acoustics Haydn Symphony edition.

A

Anonymous

I'am a big fan of the RX 6. Just looking now for the best match. I think Arcam A28/cd17 or NAD C356/C546.

poldo said:
RX6 needs a bigger amp. I am not a fan of the rx6.

You should try some more neutral speaker, the one I like was the Vienna Acoustics Haydn Symphony edition.

The RX6s are ideal for the Arcam, Nad or Creek. Yes they do benefit from better amplification. I'm a bit peeved with hearing that RX6s need better amplification. Arca and Nad will do just fine.

If the RX6s need a bigger amp then so does your PMCs.

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
obiwan kenobi said:
I'am a big fan of the RX 6. Just looking now for the best match. I think Arcam A28/cd17 or NAD C356/C546.

I am not. :shame: BUT, if you do love them, go on with Arcam. A28 should be the perfect match for MAs. :cheers:

I m not NAD fan too... ;) but I realy like Creek EVO2. EVO2 Amp/CD will do better job with Spendor or Epos than with MA RX(6)...

Sorry if I'm pushing to hard but how about Exposure 2010S2 series? My favourite price class combo. ;)

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
obiwan kenobi said:

A home demo, with long enough a listening session, sure is the best way to make your decision (if at all possible, of course). If it still all sounds good, you could choose, based on other qualities: ease of use, flexibility, upgradability (if that's a word in English), price, second hand value, maybe even WAF. These are all minor criteria for us, serious audiophiles, but still... ;).

May the force be with you! (sorry, won't say that again; it was beyond my control :p)

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
rocketride said:
obiwan kenobi said:

Im Sorry if I'm pushing to hard but how about Exposure 2010S2 series? My favourite price class combo. ;)

Exposure 2010S is a fabulous CDP and great when matched with Arcam. Not quite so keen on the Exposure amp.

You should try one! ;)

:cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
DocG said:
CnoEvil said:
DocG said:
May the force be with you! (sorry, won't say that again; it was beyond my control :p)

Be careful young Padawan, you are coming under the influence of the Dark Side! :O

I know, Yoda... I must resist, but it is so tempting! :shifty: :silenced:

When you look at the Dark Side, careful you must be....for the Dark Side looks back (and then empties your bank account)!

A

Anonymous

Or the Creek Evo 2 :? Very, very difficult. I don't like a bright sound. I find then female voices not pretty. My music, Nightwishes, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Iron Maiden, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Older Rock and Pop.

A

Anonymous

Based on a year of personal experience and experimenting, I would pair the best Marantz CD player and amp that you can afford to drive the RX6. I'd recommend SA15 or SA11 whether used or new. Exposure 3010 amp did not work well in my room, too bright, while their 3010 CD player was more agreable. I eventually sold both and kept a Marantz SA11 pair. The player is still alive and works well nowdays with PL300.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
obiwan kenobi said:
Or the Creek Evo 2 :? Very, very difficult. I don't like a bright sound. I find then female voices not pretty. My music, Nightwishes, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Iron Maiden, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Older Rock and Pop.

Cloudy the future is... :grin:

T

the record spot

obiwan kenobi said:
No. It will be the Arcam A28/FMJ17 or NAD C356/C546.

Did you limit yourself due to availability of the gear, or do you just like those two brands in particular?

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
obiwan kenobi said:
Hi Obiwan, like Cno I would recommend the smooth Arcam to tame the occasionally snappy RX6s. Having said that, nothing can beat a good demo at your own house with your own music. Don't worry about what everyone is saying, it is your ears after all and if you feel that it has enough power, inputs and sounds great in your own room then great. Why don't you ask the dealer if he can loan you both the arcam and the nad?

Hope this helps,

Shafin

A

Anonymous

Yes; i must see that i can hear the NAD and the Arcam in my house. It's the only way.

I found on the internet this:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/hi-fi-systems-separates/1239229-my-new-system-nad-monitor-audio.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts