Oh my God What hifi have you done Audioquest. Thank-you WHF

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
So here I go ! Until yesterday morning I was annoyed and ranting left right and center about not receiving my October WHF issue on Zinio, in the meantime I was anxiously waiting for my Arcam rpac to arrive on Tuesday morning, and then by blessings of WHF received the mail that my October issue is available on Zinio.

I grabbed my Ipad and starting reading the issue then came across the review of Audioquest Dragonfly, I was very surprised at some statements made by WHF for such a tiny device and in the end a bold statement that Arcam rPac can't compete DF on both performance and portability.

I was so excited to try it out, I immediately cancelled my Arcam order and ordered DF via online reseller at 10:30 last night and today morning at 08:17 I receied the packet, this is some efficiency of online seller.

I opened the box and was somehow surprised and worried, have I made the wrong decision, how can such a tiny device cost 250 Euro and have a performance that can put big boys of hifi like Arcam to shame, I was honestly very worried that I have made a mistake this time, but then thought I have been a WHF customer for over 15 years this can't be so bad.

I put the DF stick in my laptop and connected my Shure SE535 on the tiny lineout on DF and played the first song from Eagles HD ripped 96hz file Hotel California and my jaw dropped to the ground I couldnt beleive the depth of sound stage the sweet treble of guitar and puncy drums I was hearing from this tiny device.

I then played some Red Hot Chilli Peppers the Adventure of Raindance and one word came from mouth oh my god what a puncy and tigh bass this small device can produce is beyond imagination. I played Adele, Katie Melua and female voices are produced with so much authority that I feel like sitting in front of the singer, I then played some techno and was amazed and separation and clarity of each instruments, I am continuously listening to all my favourite songs to this time and admiring the technology.

So Thank-you What hifi for such a great piece of review and honest and bold statements which you normally reserve for super-tests. I am highly satisfied customer and to be honest if I've heard this device blindly without looking at how tiny it is I would have even paid twice the price it is that good. Now I truly understand why WHF reviewer got so excited and stated "this device makes us quite excited for the future of hi-fi "

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Its great to hear your thoughts on the dragon fly, certainly a very hyped piece of equipment. I love it when I get to hear personal reviews on the forums because it helps me get a sense of how the equipment performs in the real world.

Keep on listening,

Shafin

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Shafin, at first I was sceptical and when I started looking for review on other sources I came across several reviews which were quite similar and some were submitted by same person on different sites, which lead me to believe that it may be some sort of viral marketing sort of stuff which AVI famous for here :)

But then I thought about WHF review and took the risk of ordering without listening but now I have no regrets and infact very satisfied with my investment.

The convenience of carrying it in the pocket and possibility for connectivity at office desktop, laptop, home laptop and desktop made my life a lot simpler and music listening a pleasure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts