fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Nicely done sir... will expect a full report in the coming week or so...
emotion-5.gif

nads

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]This would of course require me to have the, um, confidence to take it home.[/quote]

you need to plan ahead here is an example:
New Bike

If you are anything at all like me, you have from time to time tried to sneak a bike into the stable, hoping your better half won't notice one more bike among the legions already there. Therefore, if your significant other is anything like mine, she (or he) makes a point of scanning the garage on a daily basis, taking inventory of your bike stable to see if it has grown.

So, this April Fools, borrow a bike -- a really nice bike, of about the same size of your other bikes -- from a friend. Not to ride, but just to park. Put it by your other bikes in such a way that it looks like you're trying to hide it.

And then don't say a word.

When your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever eventually notices and asks about the bike, simply reply, "It's just a bike."

"You bought a bike without consulting me?" will be the response.

Look away. Swallow. Stammer. Then say, "Not exactly."

"Exactly what, then?"

Which is when you say "April Fools!" and you both have a good laugh, or you get clobbered with the nearest heavy, blunt object. Could go either way.
Have fun.

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]She's on a diet, no alcohol allowed. A couple of Jimmy Choos might work............[/quote]Jimmy Choos a bit passe these days - Christian Louboutin is where the shoe action's at. Mmmmm.....

[/quote]

Thank you. All possible recompenses gratefully received.

John Duncan

Not quite. About the same rhetorical amount he's spent today....

[/quote]

Rhetorical amount? Is that like "I have a dream. I dream that one day there shall come to pass a pair of shiny black boxes in my living room and they shall go hand in hand like brother and sister (because of the matching silver knobs). I have seen the glory of the coming of the Primare A20 (mk2)"?

Or not really?

John Duncan

Er, no. You mentioned earlier than you may or may not have spent about 400/500 pounds on the Primare - twas that to which I referred....

[/quote]

Ah no, sorry - 4/500 less than RRP. 315 quid, specifically.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts