Odd Happenings on a Bravia KDL-40EX503

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Occasionally when watching my New Bravia television I notice one of two things occurring. Firstly the screen flashes purple with vertical white lines for a second before continuing as normal with the program. In particular I've observed this happening when playing a scene containing lots of snow on my Sony DVD Player (via HDMI Cable) and also whilst playing a game on the Nintendo Wii (once again a snow white background was present in the game). It seems almost as if the TV struggles to display so much white. Secondly, and again very occasionally, during a dark scene the TV picture goes completely black for a second before continuing. During both situations the sound is still heard.

Please note these problems have occurred regardless of input source and connection method (HDMI, SCART, Component). Also my TV has the latest Firmware update installed (PKG4.053EUL-0108).

Anyone else seen these problems?

Any suggestions would be appreciated - I'm at a bit of a loss as the TV is brilliant otherwise.

Gavin.

A

Anonymous

well you seem to have eliminated any problems with source, so if it is the tv doing this, then id say it must be faulty, id take it back for another one..

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion!

I thought it seemed like a problem with the software on the TV perhaps?
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts