Oceansize new album

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Any one heard the new Oceansize Album? looked forward to this for ages but put it on at home through my Tannoy DC6Ts and the sound quality on the album is awful !

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I got one of their albums last week. 'Everyone into Position' and it had a nasty overblown bass to it. The album hasn't been played again, and I don't think it will either.

A

Anonymous

wow, this is a surprise. I have their first three albums and think that Effloresce and Frames have incredible sound quality. In fact i usually use effloresce as a demo album. Everyone into position, whilst not as good as the other albums, also has pretty decent SQ i thought.
I havent heard their new album but i am seeing them live in brum at the end of the month which should be kick ass!

A

Anonymous

bretty:I got one of their albums last week. 'Everyone into Position' and it had a nasty overblown bass to it. The album hasn't been played again, and I don't think it will either.
surely you buy an album for the music and not the production quality? One of my fav albums Everyday by The cinematic orchestra has overblown bass but it never stops me listening to it!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Only managed to listen to the first 3 songs yesterday as we had company.

Although I do like it, I still think Porcupine Tree & Anathema are the two best British rock bands at the moment. Both of these bands latest albums sound awesome too.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:bretty:I got one of their albums last week. 'Everyone into Position' and it had a nasty overblown bass to it. The album hasn't been played again, and I don't think it will either.surely you buy an album for the music and not the production quality? One of my fav albums Everyday by The cinematic orchestra has overblown bass but it never stops me listening to it!

For me, High sound quality and good songs have to go hand in hand. I just can't listen to badly recorded albums, anymore. Admittedly, I found the songs a bit weak, too, so that made my decision to not play it again that bit easier.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Brett. Try to listen to; Anethema - We're Here Because We're Here.

Great album. Nothing too heavy. Quite anthemic. And well recorded too (as you'd expect as it was done by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree).

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
bretty:
ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:bretty:I got one of their albums last week. 'Everyone into Position' and it had a nasty overblown bass to it. The album hasn't been played again, and I don't think it will either.surely you buy an album for the music and not the production quality? One of my fav albums Everyday by The cinematic orchestra has overblown bass but it never stops me listening to it!

For me, High sound quality and good songs have to go hand in hand. I just can't listen to badly recorded albums, anymore. Admittedly, I found the songs a bit weak, too, so that made my decision to not play it again that bit easier.

Yeah, I'm rarely too bothered about the quality if the music is good but sometimes you just get an album so bad you can't bare to listen to it. Worst I can remember is an old Metallica one and "New Jersey" by Bon Jovi (a long time back!), liked the music but the recordings seemed to have all the bass removed, couldn't enjoy it
emotion-6.gif

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:
Brett. Try to listen to; Anethema - We're Here Because We're Here.

Great album. Nothing too heavy. Quite anthemic. And well recorded too (as you'd expect as it was done by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree).

Will, do Matey. I'll have a wander over to Amazon now.

I don't know if you saw my thread over in 'What are you...', Chris, but if you don't have it already, you should get hold of the MFSL remaster of 'In Utero'. It's really good.

A

Anonymous

not rock i know but bought thexx last week hugely disapointed sounds like they recorded it in my down stairs toilet

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
pauladamss:not rock i know but bought thexx last week hugely disapointed sounds like they recorded it in my down stairs toilet

Yep just finished listening to it on cd and it's very ordinary, track 10 showed a little promise apart from that, very flat.

A

Anonymous

its such a shame there music could sound amazing . the bass is all over the place throughout the album and her voice sounds distant to me,i had such high expectations.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
It could be so more atmospheric and sounding wonderful, hopefully they get it right on a second album if they do one.

Some of those bass notes do rattle the windows though when cranked, they're deep.

Fingers XX'd.

A

Anonymous

i listened to it in the car the other day and it nearly blew the cones out of the door, they love throwing very deep bass into a tune

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts