Numismatical conundrum.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
So I've unloaded the Spendors (ouch). Since I replaced them with MA RS6s, I've got a bunch of coin begging for a new home. Any suggestions?

Here's some thoughts on where to spend the money:

1. Upgrade to a Roksan Kandy K2. I've got a source for 25% off retail. Downside to this, I love the NAD and I'm skeptical this would be an improvement. Also, if I don't keep the K2, I will take a beating unloading it since in the US the brand is fairly unknown.

2. Upgrade my NAD C355 to a NAD C375. This would double my power and set me up for possible future dynaudio purchases.

3. Invest in a WADIA iPOD (all digital) transport, external DAC, and a new iPod classic. This seems like a really fun avenue to try, but the truth is, I'm pretty happy with plain old CDs and I tend to be the type that likes to listen to one CD at a time. So this would be a bit of an extravagant lark.

4. Buy a pair of ear bleeding stand mounters (like say ATC SCM 11's) for those days when I want a little something different.

5. Leave the Hi-Fi alone and buy a Yamaha sound bar for my Sony LCD TV. I currently watch movies using my TV's speakers (audible gasp from reader).

6. Bank money and do nothing...boring....

7. Donote the money to a 3rd world charity. Should do...

IJ

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
If you regularly watch movies, get the Yamaha sound bar.

Of course you could still take a listen to the standmount Be-718's for option 4 and let me know if you find them as good as i did.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
IJ:

If you regularly watch movies, get the Yamaha sound bar.

Of course you could still take a listen to the standmount Be-718's for option 4 and let me know if you find them as good as i did.

I like the idea of the usher's, but that's a tad more than I want to spend. I was thinking about a pair of PMC DB1+s. I can get them new in the box for $800 (maybe less). I will say the Ushers must be pretty amazing. Used, they sell quick on audiogon for $1600 to $2000. That's a pretty strong recommendation...

IJ

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
I see. I thought the Be-718's were cheaper than the Spendor A6's?

Here in the tropics they were a lot cheaper than the A6's

A

Anonymous

Option 8. Get the Spendors back and buy a decent amplifier to drive them.

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:Option 8. Get the Spendors back and buy a decent amplifier to drive them.

A

Anonymous

If your happy with the nad sound then go for the more powerful nad amp, ive had a listen to the old c352 model driveing the rs6's with 80 watts of power the rs6's sounded great, if you like the sound already then doubleing the power of your old amp should be a thumbs up, thats what i would do...

T

the record spot

Get some really good quality secondhand kit from a reputable dealer.

A

Anonymous

Option 9....Send me the money so I can afford to upgrade....maybe to option 8

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts