nSATs gone.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
With great relief I have finally sold the nSATs to a good home*. I tried to sell them twice before Christmas but no-one was tempted. (Too much seasonal spending going on.)

I put them back on ebay last weekend and someone bought them last Sunday. Posted Monday, delivered Tuesday, and all monies now cleared and feedback done, so I can relax.

Despite being a nice smooth transaction (lovely buyer), I still fret over ebay sales! (I have only done a few in the past.)

After all the fees and p&p costs etc. I am left with a whisker under £400 in my 'toys fund'. Naimuniti maybe? Hmmm.

Or £400 towards one of these (oh yes please!) which will be around £1000 when it gets launched in the UK in March.

Eeny meeny miny... yep it's going to be the camera.

*The new owner has a NaimUniti and prefers these nSATs to the Dynaudio Excite X12s he had before.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
yes, selling things on ebay is not nearly as much fun as buying. I think the trouble is also that ebay has become so overpopulated with actual traders, that many people (me included) are now skeptical when people offer something who don't have a lengthy sales record. Which is of course a pity because bargains can be had especially when it comes to speaker sales from private sellers. I am fretting over an ebay buy myself right now, but I fear I will conclude that it's too risky, all things considered :(

A

Anonymous

eBay isn't my fav either, esp with the costs! Good price though, not sure I'll do as proportionally well with my SA1s.

I'd def have the camera, superb!!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
The pre-owned audio market is on a downward for sure and those nSats have stood up well in the current market, it just show's if you have a gem it will get sold.

The X100 is a lovely looking camera for sure and i would have it over a Uniti any day. I (try to) use the S7000, very old Fuji but still takes a nice picture when i get it right!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Touch wood so far I've not had any problems using Ebay to buy and sell my hi-fi gear over the last couple of years or so. I think that I'm now completely settled and not looking at any further changes in the future.

Without going into reasons why, I recently sold my 9 month old Uniti, but did not go down the Ebay route, mainly because of the prohibitive Ebay and Paypal charges that I would inevitably incur. Instead I sold it privately through another well known colourful marine creature themed website. I was very lucky in finding a lovely buyer in Austria who was a real gentleman and a pleasure to do business with. Absolutely no hassle whatsoever, instant bank transfers and he even sent me more money when the banks rate of exchange conversion rate left me out of pocket by about £20.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
off-topic, but should I stay away from this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260725273269&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_865wt_1141

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Helmut80:off-topic, but should I stay away from this?

Well, his response to the negative feedback was that he sells items on other sites at the same time (!) so it's up to you.

(One corner looks bashed and he says it's scratched as well.)

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
chebby:

Well, his response to the negative feedback was that he sells items on other sites at the same time (!) so it's up to you.

Yes, if it was in England and I could view before pick-up I would be less concerned.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Helmut80:chebby:

Yes, if it was in England and I could view before pick-up I would be less concerned.

His negative is an off put and it was only a short while ago. If he had a couple of hundred positive sales after that then it would probably be okay, just put down to a mistake, but as it's so fresh i would leave it, nice speakers (bar the blemishes) though.

A

Anonymous

chebby:
With great relief I have finally sold the nSATs to a good home*. I tried to sell them twice before Christmas but no-one was tempted. (Too much seasonal spending going on.)

I put them back on ebay last weekend and someone bought them last Sunday. Posted Monday, delivered Tuesday, and all monies now cleared and feedback done, so I can relax.

Despite being a nice smooth transaction (lovely buyer), I still fret over ebay sales! (I have only done a few in the past.)

After all the fees and p&p costs etc. I am left with a whisker under £400 in my 'toys fund'. Naimuniti maybe? Hmmm.

Or £400 towards one of these (oh yes please!) which will be around £1000 when it gets launched in the UK in March.

Eeny meeny miny... yep it's going to be the camera.

*The new owner has a NaimUniti and prefers these nSATs to the Dynaudio Excite X12s he had before.

Congrats on the sale of the NSats,

I auditioned those when I bought with my Supernait, and was never happy with them.

If your happy with your Hi Fi set up now the camera looks an excellent, choice very Leica indeed and with a veiwfinder as well which is a priority for me( can't see those screens in bright sunlight ) and a quick switch for RAW , great looking camera..............

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MENISCUS:If your happy with your Hi Fi set up now the camera looks an excellent, choice very Leica indeed and with a veiwfinder as well which is a priority for me( can't see those screens in bright sunlight ) and a quick switch for RAW , great looking camera...

Despite the look of the Fuji being very 'Leica-esque', it is £400 cheaper than the nearest Leica model (X1) and - as you say - has the all important optical/hybrid viewfinder.

35mm f/2 is the perfect general purpose focal length (for my purposes anyway) and is wide enough for landscapes and great for indoor and street use too. F/2 is plenty fast enough, especially with a decent APS-C sensor that should behave well at faster ISO speeds. Filter thread on the front (without requiring bulky adaptors) and a discrete appearance that should have most people thinking it's some "rubbish old 1960s film camera" like their dad has in a drawer somewhere. (Especially if not having to 'chimp' with it when shooting which is a dead giveaway.)

If they made a plastic bodied version for a few hundred less i'd still buy it so it's not the looks but the whole package I like the idea of. (The looks are a bonus to me though being a one-time Leica M6 user
emotion-1.gif
)

A

Anonymous

Yes, I'm very tempted myself, might have to sell my Canon G10 to fund it though.

I will probably wait for a few independent reveiws though, thanks chebby you have just probably cost me a fortune cheers
emotion-16.gif

TRENDING THREADS