Not sure what to do...

PaulGreyhead

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently using a pair of B&W 805S on Partington Super Dreadnoughts and a Sunfire sub. I love these speakers but I feel (know!) that I'm not getting the best out of them due to the rest of my kit.

I'm using a CA 640V2 CD player and a Denon 3805 AV receiver.

Should I ditch the AV route altogether and concentrate on hifi? Would a good AV amp give similar results? (I somehow don't think it will).

Help!!!

Messiah

You could also go for the best of both worlds and use an Integrated Amp and AV Amp. If the Denon has Pre-Outs for the fronts you can connect it to a stereo amp and use the amp for music and receiver for surround.

A

Anonymous

I'm often confused by the notion that a good home cinema MUST have surround sound. IMO a good DAC attached to your blu-ray player running into a cracking good stereo HiFi can be better. One must spend such serious cash for what I'd deem a good surround.

If you're not a surround sound maniac I'd get a thumping good amp and a good dac.

PaulGreyhead

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your comments. Out with the surround sound and in with the stereo I think!

Now the big question is what amp? Time for research...

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure what your budget is but in one of my systems I have the Primare I30 (£1500) which would be a good match with those speakers. For around the same money second hand try the Chord CPM 2600, however it will be more expensive if sold with the optional integra legs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts