Not popular but excellent?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Apart from the, ProAc, B&W, Dali, Spendon, Sonus Faber, Tannoy, Kef, Q Acoustic, Pmc, Helberth... the list goes on.. Has anyone had alisten to the Quadral Chromium style 52 speakers. These speakers are said to produce the human voice in a very natural manner, which I think to me is a sign of a good speaker, but have yet to come across them on this forum.

Also does anyone know if these are sold here in the uk.

Thanks

Quadral seem to have patchy distribution in the uk. I heard then a few years ago at the show near Silverstone. I loved the ribbon tweeters. At the time, their fave model was mostly portrayed in shiny red paint!

not familiar with their very large range, but might be worth seeking out. Ime quite a few speakers are good with voice; I agree it is a good test, and Radio 4 or 3 can be a good source.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
Quadral seem to have patchy distribution in the uk. I heard then a few years ago at the show near Silverstone. I loved the ribbon tweeters. At the time, their fave model was mostly portrayed in shiny red paint!

not familiar with their very large range, but might be worth seeking out. Ime quite a few speakers are good with voice; I agree it is a good test, and Radio 4 or 3 can be a good source.
Am yet to hear any set up with Quadral speakers. Someone did mention them to me a few years go but did not look into them. They got mentioned to me again yesterday by a friend & he siad they have the type of ease to high freqencies you get in electrostic speakers. I think I will be looking into the Quadral range very soon. My current set of speakers does mids & bass very well but could do with a little more with the human voice. The balance between instruments and the human voice is one of the most difficult to get right. This may just be the ticket at a lowish price tag.

I have heard this sound with expensive Meridian speakers or i may be asking for too much.

TRENDING THREADS